Akv

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there a full step by step guide?

The YouTube video is good but I am confused a bit when he edits his configuration file. How should I approach this because I am seriously thinking about doing this in the morning. How can I actually install videos as well.

Using your efi file will that speed up what I do? Will the configure file already be ready. I am confused about the configure file portion. Will my current configure file work or no. Is there a Dell e7470 guide 

I  want to use that ox gen app. But after that I am confused about the configure file 

• Moderators

it's fully working on my E7470. if your system had different settings or hardware, then it might need a bit a tweaking. OC is not as easy to use as you need to manually add every kext and ssdt to the Config file and some kexts needs to be loaded in a specific order to work.

With Clover, you just drop the kexts in the kexts/other folder and be done with. You'll just need to spend time reading if you want to understand how hacking is done and decide which is one you prefer..OC or Clover. 

The guide you're watching is only to update the version of OC when you already have a working bootpack. The link I provide is to learn from scratch, lots of information. As the guide stated early, you need to know your hardware and then test what works or don't work. If that's too much work, then search for bootpack that others already have done all the hard work and hope it'll work for you too, of course with some minor tweaks too unless you have 100% exact hardware.

Your current config is working or not you should know. Even with an older Lilu, it doesn't matter as long as everything is working. If it's not broken, don't fix it. 

Your freaking awesome. I am not touching anything I will share the folder in the am. My Bluetooth wasn't working because I picked the wrong kext. I read the wrong post. Now everything is working.. Did the sd card reader start working? The only thing that isn't working is the nearest lilu kext. The November lilu kext working fine.

Here is the clover folder from my EFI folder.

CLOVER.zip

• Moderators

if you want to continue using Clover, you need to remove the following

SMCHelper.efi from drivers/UEFI

Remove from kexts/Other

• AppleBacklightFixup 
  • HibernationFixup
  • NoTouchID 
  • VoodooI2CSynaptics
  • RtWlanU //remove unless you have usb  wireless
  • RtWlanU1827 //remove unless you have usb  wireless

add this to kext/other for SD card reader

Sinetek-rtsx.kext.zip

Will hibernation and back light still work even after I remove them? Will I be able to update lilu and will everything still work?

Maybe lilu us tripping up because of those extra kext. Will me being able to remove the kext let me update clover?

I removed everything you said..do you think lilu will work?

i added the sd card kext and its worked. So now may I update the lilu or clover?

• Moderators

Hibernation doesn't work well in Hackintosh.

Backlight should work, that kext has been integrated into Whatevergreen a long time ago.

I wouldn't upgrade Clover beyond 5119 as you have now. It'll run Catalina just find, unless you plan to install Big Sur, then I suggest go with OC.

Newer version of Clover breaks all sorts of thing or won't boot at all, maybe 5126 or newer but I have not use beyond 5119.

As for new Lilu.kext, you can place it in the Off folder then you can test it during boot. At clover, press the spacebar to select block or unblock kexts. There you would block Lilu from Other and allow Lilu from Off and see if it'll boot.