Problem with Lion on Dell D6200 and Similar LG E500

pwgus

Ok, so no matter what flags I try with iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded)/retail Lion DVD I try I get this or a similar panic attack. I use iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) and here is the specs:

Dell Latitude D620

-custom BIOS from this site

-Core 2 T7400 (supports x64 and Virtualization)

-Intel 945 chipset

-2.00GB RAM

-Intel 945 Graphics with 1440x900 resolution

-Segate Baracuda 7200.1 100GB SATA 3GBps HDD

-Intel 945ABG Wireles (doesn't work with Snow Leopard either of course)

-Broadcom NetXTreme 57xx Gigabit Controller (haven't yet gotten that to work with SL though some people have I guess)

LG E500

-stock bios (its a swedish laptop I got second hand for $5 full of viruses, so supplemental online info is very hard to find)

-Pentium Dual Core T2330 (supports x64 but no Virtualization)

-Intel 965 chipset

-2.00GB RAM

-Intel X3100 (965) Graphics with 1280x800 resolution

-Some cheap generatic 150GB SATA 3GBps HDD

-Atheros WiFi (haven't yet gotten that to work with SL though some people have I guess)

-Broadcom Generic 100T NIC (works with SL out of box)

Here is a screen pic of the kp I get:

IMG_0124.jpg

EDP 3 supports d620 just fine.... you need to change your install method,i have no clue what your iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) installer is doing.

I can't even get Lion to boot let alone install. If I don't use the iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) bootloader, what do you suggest. What install method do you recommend?

• Administrators

Dear pwgus,

Have a read at our Installation top menu above. Its a good start.

We advice that you try our method without mixing with others (e.g. iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded)) as if anything happens we can't help you.

Cheers!

Dear pwgus,

Have a read at our Installation top menu above. Its a good start.

We advice that you try our method without mixing with others (e.g. iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded)) as if anything happens we can't help you.

Cheers!

Thanks!! I was hoping to figure out a way of doing it without springing for a bigger flash drive!! (my current one is only 4GB) I've ordered a 16GB san disk for $9 on eBay today, it will arrive in about a weak, will try purely the method described and get back to you!

Rats!!! Still not working!!! Used the guide and method from this site exactly, with myHack, the Intel graphics D620 bootpack, and 10.7. Still misbehaving! Here is the picture of the KP or whatever exactly it was:

IMG_0139.jpg

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Dear pwgus,

Looks like there's two version of fakesmc.kext. You need to run myfix full mode on the hard disk again.

Cheers!

Ok, so it did help some. I'm getting a lot farther in the boot process, but I'm still having problems, if I boot -v -x I get a crash to do with C-States, and if I just boot -v, I get this:

IMG_0140.jpg

• Administrators

Dear pwgus,

Which EDP did you used? 2.2?

VoodooHDA does caused panic sometimes with 2.2. Try EDP 3.1. It has VoodooHDA.kext that does not caused KP.

But need to remove the VoodoHDA.kext manually from /E/E and then run myfix so that you can get into the system to download and run EDP 3.1.

Should should normally boot with mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f to troubleshoot and see the kernel messages.

Cheers!