Dell Latitude 7480 (Skylake): OpenCore 0.6.4 / upgrading Catalina to Big Sur

lamatta17

Hello I need support,
I want to switch to Big Sur and currently have Catalina running with Clover 5119.
Everything is running and stable.
So switched to OC 0.6.4 and still using Catalina until everything works.
Have adjusted the config.plist as far as I could and so was able to enable the sound. I used the OC configuration from catmater as a template.
I changed the CPU to Skylake and the GPU to HD 520.
Unfortunately I also have the problem with the missing brightness control. I could not fix this with the 7480_BriteNessFn.zip.

Remains healthy

EFI.zip

Work well!!!

The year starts happily

Thank you very much for your great job.

I use Karabiner and your configuration for F11 F12 to dim the Display. This ist working with OC again.

Now the the "Windows" Key and the "Alt" Key was swapped and the and the "^" Key and "<" Key was swapped to. 

What are the name for this key's? I can't find that in Karabiner.

Can i update to Big Sur now?

Wish you a happy new year too

Hello,
have dabbled a bit in carabiner and rearranged the theme with the buttons for my needs.

After the conversion to OC, everything now runs as it should.
Thanks again for your help
Have now tried to update to Big Sur.
The result is the black screen with the white apple. (Even after hours no other picture)
I created a USB-Sitck with Catalina and copied the OC-EFI from here. Then i installed a new SSD and installed Catalina from this stick. Runs.

But no update to Big Sur is possible from here either.

Now I created a USB stick with Big Sur, copied the same OC-EFI folder into it. Also with this the installation is not possible.

What am I doing wrong?