[Closed] AppleHDA patching requests

plsh2me

So, I've hit a wall with my attempts to patch my kext. I've got the corrected verbs (I think), but the PathMaps are a bit confusing to me.

I'll attach the corrected verbs, the entire codec dump, the original AppleHDA.kext, and my DSDT.  Hopefully someone else will have some insight or advice?

eta: I'm currently on 10.9.5, but I installed from a 10.9.4 image.

Archive.zip

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi i have a problem with my AppleHDA kext with the patching. I've followed this guide and thought i had it sorted but i can't get my device to display any outputs or inputs in the system preference pane. The codec was extracted using Linux live cd and is ALC269. 

My machine is a desktop all in one pc so basically a laptop without a keyboard.

I've tried out voodoohda and that works so i know that my speakers and headphones are working.

I've enclosed IOREG from the patched kext that i done and from voodohda , also my DSDT with layout 28 the same as my patched hda kext. Also and original mavericks AppleHDA.kext ubpatched and anything i think mite be relevant to somebody helping me out to find where i,ve gone wrong.

Archive.zip

Please help! cannot enable sound alc 269 on acer e1-571G Yosemite

Tried everything, my patched AppleHDA.kext, codec dump  and other files in attached

My alc 269 looks like in this instruction, but present only builtin output.

All other sections are under Intel HDAudio, but why?

codec_dump.txt

verbitdebug.txt

verbs.txt

patchmatic_my.zip

Mahasimha’s MacBook Air.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Although I have a patched HDA which is working fine in El Capitan I believe I need an updated one as part of the fix to get HDMI audio working.

In the past I have tried patching a new HDA with information from my working one but never got it to work.

I have decided to try from scratch following this guide but just do not understand how to correct the verbs.

Is it something only programmers can understand? is there any point me (a non coder) trying to understand this part?

So far I have done a codec dump in Linux and sorted out all the pin complex parts that had a control name.

I have then listed the node, pin default and extracted the verb data.

I now need them corrected, could someone take a look and perhaps explain in plain english how they corrected them.

I'd be most grateful.

Mike.

Pin Complex.rtf