[Closed] AppleHDA patching requests

plsh2me

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JakeLo - Sorry, if you can clarify CodecId. I'm not sure when you say "may be available already". This is for my Dell Precision M6400 which I finally upgraded to Clover then to 10.13.

My device is IDT92HD71B7. VID and PID 111d:76b2. It is Broadcom.

I did try AppleHDA patcher App. My device is listed in drop down. I patched config.plist and then used the DummyHDA kext in clover/kexts/other as  well as /L/E, but it didn't recognize my device either way. For kicks I also made sure DSDT patches were applied (while I think not necessary with Clover). I will say the config.list patch it generated for AppleHDA doesn't seem to be actually doing anything since whatever it is replacing isn't in the stock AppleHDA.kext at all.

Right now back to using VoodooHDA 2.9 v10. Also tried getting rid of AppleHDADisabler, but not difference.

Other things I've tried is using ForceHPET which some are suggesting can fix the "clock", but not dice again.

MironeAudio.zip

• Administrators

[...] Sorry, if you can clarify CodecId. [...]

My device is IDT92HD71B7. VID and PID 111d:76b2. It is Broadcom.

[...]

Right now back to using VoodooHDA 2.9 v10. Also tried getting rid of AppleHDADisabler, but not difference.

Device IDT 92HD71B7 means you have an IDT codec with id 76b2. It's IDT not Broadcom. You can find details of the AppleHDA patch for this codec, it already exists...

VoodooHDA cannot operate without the AppleHDA disabler; that's the whole nature of VoodooHDA...

@Herve - I always use VoodooHDA with AppleHDADisabler. I was just commenting on others stating with Clover disabler is not necessary. In fact when I removed disbabler VoodooHDA still worked but continued to give distorted sound. Anyway, that's moot at this time. msinfo32 on windows says it is Broadcom, but I see what you are saying.

@JakeLo - I took AppleALC and Lilu versions 1.2.0. I removed VoodooHDA and AppleHDA Disabler from LE and in their place put AppleALC and Lilu. I repaired LE. I don't have any sound, but I'm missing a step. I looked at documentation below on installing AppleALC

https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/wiki/Installation-and-usage

Where do I specify Layout-id so I can make it 3?

EDIT : Documentation also says AppleALC should load before AppleHDA. kextstat tells me it is loading much earlier. How do I fix that?

@JakeLo I think I figured it out. This is how my DSDT patched looks for HDEF Problem is I'm STILL getting distorted sound.

Device (HDEF)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)  // _ADR: Address
                Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
                {
                    0x0D,
                    0x03
                })
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                {
                    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                    {
                        Return (Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x03                                           
                        })
                    }

Return (Package (0x06)
                    {
                        "layout-id",
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                         
                        },

"PinConfigurations",
                        Buffer (Zero) {},
                        "hda-gfx",
                        Buffer (0x0A)
                        {
                            "onboard-1"
                        }
                    })
                }
            }

So I'm thinking I need to make AppleALC load before AppledHDA and that might fix? How do I make sure which kext loads before which?