Get stuck at first boot after installation of Lion

pckrullenbol

I had a working D430 10.6.8 I wanted to upgrade to 10.7.

I made a bootable usb-stick with 10.7.0 (from a 10.7 ESD.dmg) and MyHack 3.1.

Installed EDP 2.2 with MyHack to replace the /Extra directory.

Runned MyHack Full Fix on the stick.

Booted my D430 without problems, formatted the internal hard disk and installed 10.7. So far so good. Then the installer wants to boot the machine.

I choose again to boot from the usb-stick and then choose for the internal disk. This all according to the guide.

But I can't get through the first boot!?

Tried "-v -f", "-x -v", "mach_kernel -v -f", "mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f" with no succes.

After a while it get stuck with "nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2".

• Administrators

Dear pckrull,

Have you installed bootpack Extra to the new os system? Use myfix to install it and after that run myfix full mode.

The bootpack should get you into the new os x system to download and run EDP 3.1 on.

Cheers!

Have you installed bootpack Extra to the new os system? Use myfix to install it and after that run myfix full mode.

The bootpack should get you into the new os x system to download and run EDP 3.1 on.

I'm not able to access the new OS yet via the Finder. It is the first reboot after initial 10.7 installation.

The usb-stick is alright, I think/hope... :unsure:

You can run myHack under Utilities menu inside the installer. Use it to install the Extra in installer to hard disk and also to run myfix full mode.

Sorry maybe for the misunderstanding, but there is no MyHack under the Utilities menu of the bootable usb-stick. There are only the common Apple utils like Password Reset, Terminal and the Disk Utility.

Or do I have the start MyHack via Terminal?

P.s.

It is so obvious that the guides need some clarification, I'm not the only one who gets lost in MyHack, MyFix, EDP, bootpacks, Chameleon, YourFix, MyTroublePatcher, etc etc…. :rolleyes:

• Administrators

Dear pckrull,

Do you have access to another mac or hack? If yes, can you remake the usb installer using myhack 3.1? The myhack utilities should have be installed when the usb installer is created using myhack 3.1.

Cheers!

P/s: Noted. We'll see how to further refine and fine tune the guide. rolleyes.gif