E7440: Error Loading Kernel Cache (0x1b)

Liquid007

Hi all

So I had a working version of High Sierra installed on my Dell Latitude E7440. It was working fine with no issues and was a dream to use on my Latitude E7440. 

Until two days ago, the audio stopped working. Now I had this before on a Sierra build, and the fix was simple to use a kext installer utility to reinstall the AppleHDA.kext reboot the system and the audio would work again.

So thats what I did, fired up the Kext Utility installer, dropped in the AppleHDA out of the E7440_HS file pack and rebooted the system.

On reboot, I had the No Entry logo come up. So rebooting again and adding -v to see the error.

Error comes up as Error Loading Kernel Cache (0x1b)

I don't really want to reinstall the whole system again so is there any way I can fix this and get High Sierra working again.

Any help appreciated here, many thanks

Thanks for replying Jake Lo.

In hindsight it was stupid of me to add that kext. the kext is AppleHDA_ALC292.kext I could have sworn it was the right kext to use to fix the audio that I had used in a past sierra build when this happened to me before, but as it was long ago i couldnt be sure.

Added UseKernelCache=No to the boot argument in Clover and tried to boot but came up with the no entry sign again :( Am I doing something wrong here?

• Administrators

Afaik, you can no longer boot Clover without cache. I expect you'l have to resort to boot in single-use mode to remove your offending kext(s) and manually rebuild your cache with the usual commands (see FAQ section).