trying to get sleep working on e6520

bpedman

@Herve - Various DSDT modifications, revo script SSDT ( i7-2720qm ), dw1510 rebranded wifi card, etc.  I'll write up a guide at some point in the next few days with full details.  Sleep started working properly after I enabled optimus in BIOS and imported the PEG0.VID._OFF method from SSDT-4.  It needs to be called from _WAK and PCI0._INI.

Also, I made a slight mistake in my last post, I'm actually running 10.9 GM, not DP8.

• Moderators

@Herve - Various DSDT modifications, revo script SSDT ( i7-2720qm ), dw1510 rebranded wifi card, etc.  I'll write up a guide at some point in the next few days with full details.  Sleep started working properly after I enabled optimus in BIOS and imported the PEG0.VID._OFF method from SSDT-4.  It needs to be called from _WAK and PCI0._INI.

Also, I made a slight mistake in my last post, I'm actually running 10.9 GM, not DP8.

With Optimus enabled, will the Nvidia card be disabled or will both NVIDIA and HD3000 be detected and switchable to extend battery life?

With Optimus enabled, will the Nvidia card be disabled or will both NVIDIA and HD3000 be detected and switchable to extend battery life?

Right now, the only way i've been able to achieve sleep on this machine is by shutting down the nvidia card via the dsdt edit described above.  It would take a lot of modification and time to make the cards switchable if even possible.