REBRANDING BROADCOM

osxxlatti

Hi All, i just want to confirm the command for REBRANDING BROADCOM,

Update the sprom – Open up a terminal window and execute the following commands:

==================

ssb-sprom -i ssb_sprom_copy –subv 0xaaaa –subp 0xbbbb –regrev 0×0001 –ccode US -o new_ssb_sprom_copy

==================

the aaaa, bbbb, is the product id an vendor id i should put base on the guide right ?

thanks all

• Like 1

Hi All, i just want to confirm the command for REBRANDING BROADCOM,

Update the sprom – Open up a terminal window and execute the following commands:

==================

ssb-sprom -i ssb_sprom_copy –subv 0xaaaa –subp 0xbbbb –regrev 0×0001 –ccode US -o new_ssb_sprom_copy

==================

the aaaa, bbbb, is the product id an vendor id i should put base on the guide right ?

thanks all

Yes, I just did this, and the guide should be upgraded because it doesn't have the two dashes ("-") in front of the subv, subp, regrev, and ccode options, and it helps a lot to see that the "aaaa" and "bbbb" is where the vendor ("0xaaaa" without the quotes) and the product ("0xbbbb" without the quotes) IDs should go. I note that the aaaa and dddd should be in lower-case.

For example, for my BCM94312HMG (Dell DW1397 802.11bg, I used this:

ssb-sprom -i ssb_sprom_copy --subv 0x106B --subp 0x004e --regrev 0×0001 --ccode US -o new_ssb_sprom_copy