Dell Latitude 7390 2-in-1: Trackpad not working at all

PurpleCrumpets

Hello,

I am really struggling to get my trackpad working on my Dell 7390 2-in-1 using OpenCore.

I believe my problem is stemming from my attempt at GPI0 pinning not working correctly. I've followed the relevant guide here for the initial set-up and here for creating a hot patch but I keep getting a kernel panic (see attached). If I don't apply this GPI0 pinning patch, both the VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID kexts load as expected, and the touchscreen works as a result.

I have been using other people's work with the Dell Latitude 7490 to try and get things working/as a guide but I still can't get the trackpad to work at all.

My current EFI and additional information can be found here. Specifically, the _CRS method of SSDT-TDPX.aml file is causing issues (I think).

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

KernelPanicDetailsandOriginalDSDT.zip

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your reply!

I've attached my slimmed-down EFI folder below, the kernal panic error message and two IOReg files, one when SSDT-TPDX.aml is disabled, and one when VoodooI2CHID.kext is disabled. In both cases, my Hackintosh boots as expected.

The main specifications for my computer are as follows:

Dell Latitude 7390 2-in-1

Intel i7-8650U

16 GB RAM

Intel 8265 Wifi (works fine), along with bluetooth (also works fine)

13.3" 1920x1080 FHD touch display (gestures work with VoodooI2CHID)

2 x Thunderbolt 3 (Not sure if it works as Thunderbolt, but does work as non-hot swapabble USB-C)

2 x USB 3.1. Gen 1 ports (work fine)

Intel UHD 620 --> PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5917&SUBSYS_08231028&REV_07\3&11583659&0&10

Integrated webcam - connected via internal USB, works fine

MicroSD card slot - connected via internal USB, works fine

1 x HDMI Port - works fine

Dell Touchpad:

- Hardware ID --> HID\VEN_DELL&DEV_0823&Col03

- BIOS Device name --> \_SB.PCI0.I2C1.TPD1

- Manufacturer --> AlpsAlpine

- Location --> on I2C HID Device

EFI.zip

In case anyone stumbles across this post, I managed to get both my trackpad and touchscreen to work correctly! This also includes pen support with palm rejection.

Rather than trying to follow the official guide (which I personally did not find helpful), I went through muttonhead411's EFI posted here and found the relevant files for input devices and used those. Further up the forum post is a screenshot of some of the patches needed to make things work.

@muttonhead411 - you are an absolute hero and thank-you so much for taking the time to post your EFI and explain what you did so mere mortals like me can ascend!