Keyboard and Mouse locking up

Tengokuu

I'm having a serious issue with my Lion 10.7.3 installation on my latitude E6400. I can use the OS normally, but then after a while, my keyboard and trackpad just stop working. I have to reboot to fix the issue. I've tried every PS/2 driver that was in EDP 3, and none of them fixed it. I don't know what to do here.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does it happen after sleep or hibernate?

It just happens when I'm using OSX. No hibernate or sleep required. I can just be typing out an IM, or this forum post, and all of a sudden, my keyboard and mouse stop working. I've had this issue with my D820, and it was fixed by just using a different PS/2 controller, it's not doing the same for this.

What you can try to do is use the ApplePS2Controller.kext in EDP 3. Once you have done a new build in EDP with the ApplePS2Controller.kext, exit out of EDP and go to /Extra/Extensions on your hard drive. Then copy the ApplePS2Controller.kext from Extra/Extensions to /System/Library/Extensions. Once you have done that, repair permissions and then reboot your machine and get back to us w/ results.

Cheers!