Dell Latitude 7280 full trackpad support

Lego

Hello, I have a dell latitude 7280 that's running macOS Catalina, Clover v5119 and also with an i2C HID touchpad. Since I know that it's an i2C touchpad, I cannot figure out if it's an ALPS or Synaptic touchpad. I tried doing verbose mode to see what type of touchpad I have. I really would like to get full support for my touchpad. Although, I have tried a few links to see what kext to use but there's to many out there. For the touchpad, I have Voodooi2C, Voodooi2CHID, and voodooPS2controller in my kext folder. Some of the links that I have tried to use are:

Since someone was able to get this to work with a Dell Latitude E7270, is there something similar that can be done with my machine? I really want to use this as my main MBP since my MacBook Pro is from 2012 and won't be able to run BS. If I can't get this to work, I can always use it without. Also, my buttons somehow work with the kext files that I am using. I hope this can be solved. 

Dell Latitude 7280 EFI.zip

I recently managed to get my 7280 trackpad working using VoodooI2CHID with GPIO pinning so that it operates in interrupt mode, rather than polling mode. The issue is that I only got it to work with OpenCore 0.5.9, and gestures aren't working. I have a WIP to update to OpenCore 0.6.4, but so far I haven't managed to get the trackpad working yet. This means I'm also stuck on Catalina for now just like you and can't run Big Sur yet.

I am attaching a scrubbed config.plist along with my ACPI .dsl files (will need to be compiled to .aml files in order to use them w/ OC), and I used the kext versions mentioned in the README.md file for my testing. Also, I have a Fenvi PCIe adapter so I'm not using itlwm for my WiFi. Other than that, maybe people here will find these files helpful?

OpenCore_Dell-0.5.9.zip

My only gestures that work with my touchpad are basic cursor movement, scrolling and maybe tap to drag. Will those files give me full gesture support?

@Jake Lo: I tried booting with a separate USB drive but I get an error: OC: Failed to load configuration!

I was actually able to boot with your files but it still won't see my trackpad under System Preferences. No new gestures. Should I use big sur to get better touchpad support? 

• Moderators

@Lego

What you describe is all you'll get with Alps I2C touchpad since there's no support for it. Currently VoodooI2C only supports Elan, Synaptics and Precision I2C touchpad, as far as I know.

The kext you mentioned on the 1st post is for Alps PS2 touchpad and that also does not give full gestures.