Dell Precision 7520 Graphics Error

joelhanducky

Recently I have been working on this Hackintosh and realized that sometimes the top of the Safari tabs get a bit of screen tearing, but also that whenever using Logic Pro X, the white line which goes across the screen to represent time passing doesn't render properly, it will only update the render when you spam click the mouse. 

After doing some research I realized that it was a graphics issue and that on my About My Mac settings, under Graphics it only shows Display 8 MB and I have been trying to troubleshoot this so that it will recognize my iGPU (it wont recognize my dGPU as it is NVIDIA) 

Linked down below is a screenshot of the issue I'm having, and the EFI file I'm using.

With VTX turned on in my BIOS I was able to get a boot up with SSDT-Disable-DGPU.aml, but was still having this same issue.

When I tried enabling Switchable Graphics at all it would not boot.

Anyone have any suggestions or pointers to help me solve my issue?

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 11.01.52 AM.png

Current EFI.zip

All I see the Apple logo on boot and black bar with no progress.

I tested with and without VTX on and got the same result. (switchable graphics always on)

The common thing I notice happen is that whenever I enable switchable graphics, the hack doesn't boot.

However if i disable it or enable VTX with what u suggest it will boot but the Graphics wont display my iGPU properly.

• Moderators

That's because iGPU is enable only if Switchable graphics is enable in BIOS. If you disable it, then only the Nvidia is on but it's not supported.

What's the specs of your 7520?

Need to determine if you have Skylake or Kabylake processor