Dell Precision 7520 Graphics Error

joelhanducky

No, I had it on but it didn't boot with the new SSDTs you gave me, so I went back to a vanilla EFI from a bootable stick I made a couple weeks ago and it worked. I was trying to troubleshoot something else but I realized that in the About My Mac I could see my Graphics display correctly, so I moved my bootable sticks EFI to the main one, patched some things and I got pretty much everything except HDMI (haven't tested) and trackpad (can get it to work but messes up my Windows trackpad usage AND cannot get all the gestures i want like zoom, 3-4 finger gestures, etc)

BIOS SETTINGS:

The only BIOs settings I changed were enabling Switchable Graphics, and enabling Enable Dock Display Port through IntegratedGraphics, though I'm not sure that last one is necessary as I enabled it on accident; it runs nonetheless.

KEXTS:

Kexts were too big to upload into the EFI so I posted a screenshot of what I used, everything is up to date. (I use CPUFriend but CpuTscSync should work just fine however I havent tested it)

WHAT WORKS:

Audio, Wifi (with Heliport), and disabling dGPU have all been patched in this EFI partition. 

Ethernet works if needed

Works seamlessly with the Apple Magic Trackpad.

WHAT DOESNT WORK:

Trackpad does not work (I have a setup of SSDTs and DSDT that can run the trackpad but it messes up the trackpad use on Windows, I can link if requested) 

Audio jack does not work, a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter will work just fine however (I havent tested it but regular USB to 3.5mm should work just fine as well.)

MISC:

Have not tested HDMI, but will update this post when I do.

Thank you Jake for your assistance, I appreciate it a lot.

kexts.JPG

Precision7520EFI.zip

UPDATE: Touchscreen works with VoodooI2C and VoodooHID, it uses the same set of SSDTs and DSDT as the built in touchpad (Built in touchpad uses VoodooPS2 iirc), you can only get the touchpad OR touchscreen to work at a time this way, never both. Im still looking into a solution to have at least basic functionality on touchpad with Mac (none to basic gestures) without breaking the Windows trackpad stuff.

I have Windows and Mac on two seperate hard drives btw, not on the same, but it still breaks Windows functionality, if I ever get any new information on that I'll update this thread.

• Moderators

Sounds like you're booting Windows from OC picker. Yes, the patches you made for MacOS will also influence Windows. Best to boot to Windows by pressing F12 and selecting Windows boot manager or something similar. This does not occur in Clover though.

You can try using SSDT-GPI0 instead of SSDT-XOSI. see if that makes a difference.