Problems with Dual Booting OSX Leopard & XP

digzz

I'm currently having issues with Dual Booting OSX Leopard and XP on my D420.

After install OSX Snow Leopard from a DVD and partitioning it MS-DOS (FAT).

I boot into windows xp via CD .....and select the partition I created then it copies some files to copy over and then it restarts and comes up wit " Disk error "

Can any one help me please ?

I've followed this guide but it don't work :

http://www.osxlatitude.com/dual-boot-osx-windows-made-easy/

I'm currently having issues with Dual Booting OSX Leopard and XP on my D420.

After install OSX Snow Leopard from a DVD and partitioning it MS-DOS (FAT).

I boot into windows xp via CD .....and select the partition I created then it copies some files to copy over and then it restarts and comes up wit " Disk error "

Can any one help me please ?

I've followed this guide but it don't work :

http://www.osxlatitude.com/dual-boot-osx-windows-made-easy/

what chameleon boot loader are you using, also when you boot up hit f12 and boot from you boot loader source, it should be usb.

what chameleon boot loader are you using, also when you boot up hit f12 and boot from you boot loader source, it should be usb.

I've installed chameleon from this page :http://www.osxlatitude.com/howto-install-osx/

I'm also booting from a external dvd drive not a usb.

Dear digzz,

Did you managed to boot into you os x? If you can, try to reinstall chameleon to your os x partition using the chameleon installer from EDP 2.2.

Cheers!

Yes I can boot into os x . EDP 2.2 states Lion only. I have Leopard.

Dear diggs,

You can use the chameleon installer in EDP 2.2. to install chameleon. After that, you should be able to boot from you hard disk.

Cheers!

Do I have to install the whole 2.2 ? even thou it states Lion only ?

• Administrators

Dear digzz,

You just need the chameleon package from the EDP .2.2 package.

However, the easiest way to extract the chameleon package is to install EDP 2.2, copy the Chameleon package to be ran later and then delete the /Extra directory that was created by EDP 2.2.

Just make sure your backup your existing /Extra that was working for your leopard before that as you need to restore it before rebooting.

The other way is to use pacifist to extract the chameleon package.

Cheers!

Dear digzz,

You just need the chameleon package from the EDP .2.2 package.

However, the easiest way to extract the chameleon package is to install EDP 2.2, copy the Chameleon package to be ran later and then delete the /Extra directory that was created by EDP 2.2.

Just make sure your backup your existing /Extra that was working for your leopard before that as you need to restore it before rebooting.

The other way is to use pacifist to extract the chameleon package.

Cheers!

I've just installed EDP 2.2 and I'm still getting "Disk Error press any key to restart"

The only way I can osx now is too boot from cd D620SLV1.iso which is my boot disk.

I've also tried to boot the files from the menu and it still comes up with : "Disk Error press any key to restart"

• Administrators

Dear diggs,

I just remembered, there's an easier way to install cham. You can also install chameleon using myhack in the usb installer. Try it.

Further, the /Extra folder created from EDP 2.2 is for lion. You'll need to remove it and use the previous /Extra after you installed os x (if you have any).

Can i know what partition table you're using for your hard disk? Is is mbr or guid?

Cheers!