[Solved] E6230: No HDMI video signal

esmith1966

E6230 and No HDMI video signal

1. used the EFI folder that's on the install thread

2. connected HDMI cable to tv

3. display preferences shows the tv and all the various scaling settings & other options, BUT the tv does not display anything or have any video at all

4. the laptop display adjusts with mirroring and other settings AS IF a display is attached

5. Not sure what's wrong... 

6. checked my bios settings, but didn't see much to change in the video section

7. i recall HDMI working under Catalina and/or Mojave, but don't always have the laptop hooked up to a TV or a monitor...

Don't think its a cable issue, but it might be...

maybe some kext is blocking the HDMI hardware?

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

EFI.zip

• Administrators

HDMI works OOB out of the E6230. HDMI connector patch required for HDMI audio. The laptop usually drives/controls the output resolution on cable connection, at least on the 3 x TVs + the few monitors I've hooked my E6230 to.

Could be a damaged/unsuitable cable, bad connection or a damaged HDMI port on either side. Start by removing video mirroring on the Hack to avoid potential resolution-related issue on the TV screen. I recommend using Display Menu app for immediate access off the Finder's bar.

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/2366-finders-bar-display-tool/?tab=comments#comment-17779

Rest assured it's not a Hackintosh or macOS issue.

• Moderators

For resolutions near 4K, it's recommended to use an HDMI cable that is no longer than 3 meters (10 feet).

After that distance, the signal can start to degrade. For lower resolutions, the reliable distance is much longer, with the most common being 15 meters (50 feet).