loading 0.6 without destroying my win 7

wishb0ne

morning all

firstly thanks for putting the EDPs for my m1330 machine, but now they are there i want to go and load osx onto my dell, however i don't want to wipe my windows partition if i can help it.

its currently split in two with ubuntu on one partition and win on the other, im looking to sacrifice ubuntu for OSX and want to know if i can boot into that partition from the usb pen and not affect my windows partition???

many thanks in advance

John

• Administrators

Dear wishbone,

You can still boot into your windows if you install os x into your existing linux partition. Chameleon will only install the mbr and the rest is in the os x partition.

For snow leopard 10.6 you can install it to your mbr hard disk. However, if you intend to install lion 10.7 make sure you prepare your usb installer using myhack so that you can install os x into mbr hard disk.

Cheers!

Thanks Syonagar

let the games begin then

John

Dear wishbone,

You can still boot into your windows if you install os x into your existing linux partition. Chameleon will only install the mbr and the rest is in the os x partition.

For snow leopard 10.6 you can install it to your mbr hard disk. However, if you intend to install lion 10.7 make sure you prepare your usb installer using myhack so that you can install os x into mbr hard disk.

Cheers!

So I created the boot pen fine yesterday, but when I come to load, it gives me 3 windows boot images and one osx, when I choose that it looks like its going to load and then a warning comes up tell ing me to restart, by holding the power button?

Help