Latitude 7310: installing macOS Catalina

Eddar_Stark

Thanks for your solution Jake Lo, now the audio works. Except for small details that I have not tested, everything essential works. I´ve improved the stability and temperature of the system, in turn improving the battery consumption with cpufriend.kext. but unfortunately the wifi card doesn´t work as well as I would like and cannot be replaced in this model (latitude 7310). The Intel kext project works but it still lacks a lot. It also gives problems with the bluetooth. For all this I´m giving up for now and I´m waiting for new updates. I´m attaching my EFI folder in case someone with more knowledge than me decides to continue.

EFI.rar

I'm very sorry, I couldn't answer before due to my work and other things. I have made numerous changes in my configuration of my Dell Latitude 7310 which I´m going to indicate the modifications. I ´m also going to indicate the errors that I still find, although the biggest one for me is the wireless card that cannot be replaced in this model. Kext for Intel cards is an excellent job but they still have a lot of time left.

41vC2EmkayL._AC_.jpg.d92f129e0149afb2129676dc487a045b.jpg

Specifications

10th Gen i5-10210U Processor (4 Cores, 6MB Cache, 1.6 GHz to 4.2 GHz, 15 W)

UHD 620 Graphics

13.3" Full HD display (1920x1080)

RAM 8GB DDR4 2666 MHz

256GB SSD M.2 PCIe NVMe

Intel AC 9650 802.11ac wireless + Bluetooth 5.1

Webcam

Microphone

1 x 3.5 mm jack universal audio connector

1 x HDMI 2.0

1 x USB 3.1 Type-A with PowerShare

2 x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C with DisplayPort / Thunderbolt 3

Micro SD card reader

Target macOS release:

Catalina 10.15.x

Updates in the installation package

- Opencore updated to the latest version 0.6.5.

- All the kext updated to their latest versions except voodooi2c which does not work correctly for me.

- Fixed numerous warnings and errors in config.plist

- Fixed minor performance and CPU power usage bugs. The use of the battery I think is correct now.

-Added boot GUI looking to a real Mac

-Sleep Wake

Working:

full graphics acceleration on Intel UHD620 iGPU, including brightness control 

multi-display with HDMI OOB

audio, including HDMI, microphone input and headset output 

wireless and bluetooth with Intel card (I recommend wireless usb like the archer t2u micro with official drivers for Catalina)

left and right USB ports, including USB Type-C

integrated webcam (OOB)

CPU power management

battery management

keyboard (with VoodooPS2Controller)

touchpad (with VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID, including tap-to-click, scroll & zoom, rotate or other multi-finger gestures and physical buttons)

MicroSD card reader

Sleep Wake

Not working fine or not tested:

wireless card. Works but with poor performance. Also it does not connect with my network created with signal repeater.

Thunderbolt

Physical buttons on the trackpad work, but I only get them to perform the function of the first button (left button)

Post installation tips

For the intel bluetooth to work correctly, it is necessary that platforminfo be generated and added to your config.plist.

In order for the left button of the trackpad to work correctly it is necessary to disable the first configuration function "Query and data detectors"

Of course, enabling tap to click and drag with three fingers in "accessibility> pointer control> trackpad options" is recommended.

---Sleep Wake from dortania´s guide---

Before we get in too deep, we'll want to first ready our system:

sudo pmset autopoweroff 0

sudo pmset powernap 0

sudo pmset standby 0

sudo pmset proximitywake 0

This will do 4 things for us:

Disables autopoweroff: This is a form of hibernation

Disables powernap: Used to periodically wake the machine for network, and updates(but not the display)

Disables standby: Used as a time period between sleep and going into hibernation

Disables wake from iPhone/Watch: Specifically when your iPhone or Apple Watch come near, the machine will wake

In your BIOS:

Disable:

Wake on LAN

Wake on USB(Certain boards may actually require this on to wake, but most will get random wakeup calls with it)

Enable:

Disable Sleep

*Necessary bootflags added to config.plist

----Audio Jack fix----

Use CodecCommander debug kext and jack fix method.

CodecCommander is included in my Efi folder.

Just install Hda-verb and Jack Fix in Usr-bin folder (you need to show hidden folders cmnd + shirft + ".") And disable sip (I've used Hackintools).

Once done, run the "jack fix" script and the audio jack output will work. You can include "jack fix" in startup items so that it runs on system boot.

EFI folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1frGIY_XZxoQjcdetD3cmCX2qCJ1O18zq/view?usp=sharing

RehabMan-CodecCommander-2018-1003.zip Jack fix.zip