Precision 7510 with i5-6300HQ + nvidia M1000M: unable to install Mojave

Nicolas078

• Administrators

Like its M200M bigger brother, nVidia Quadro M1000M is Maxwell and unsupported outside Sierra/High Sierra in which it can only be suported with the nVidia Web Driver. It's totally unsupported in Mojave and later macOS versions. Had your Precision 7510 be fitted with the AMD FirePro W5170M alternative, you'd probably be more lucky, but...

Meantime, you'll need to enable Optimus in BIOS, disable the nVidia GPU through patched DSDT/SSDT (to preserve battery) and run exclusively on the HD530 GPU of the i5-6300HQ. The EFI you posted contains no patched ACPI table, no add-on kexts and its Clover config refers to an incomplete and incorrect iMac17,1 (i.e. desktop) SMBIOS... This most certainly explains why you're getting much success. You need to go back to the guide you've used (whatever that may be) and probably follow it with better attention.

• Administrators

I'd say you messed up the 2nd part of the posted instructions. Because when I look into the Precision 7510 HD530 pack available in that guide, there's all the stuff you need and you're missing it all...

Instructions_to_ read_and_follow.jpg

• Moderators

@Nicolas078

Does your 7510 have flickering screen issue? Not just on MacOS but Windows as well.

What version of BIOS are you running?

I'm hoping it's not a hardware issue but a BIOS version issue.

It turned out to be a loose video cable. After adjusting the cable a little, all is good again.