iSight, Firewire Cable and D830

nesnfsn

I purchased an iSight over Amazon, and it works fine on a Macbook. However, I cannot get it recognized on my D830 OSX86 Notebook. System Profiler recognizes the firewire port on my D830 as a Firewire 400 port.

So, I went to the local CompAMERICA (close enough name) store and purchased an IEEE 1394 6-Pin to 4-Pin firewire cable, and connected the cable to the iSight and the D830, but the D830 does not recognize the iSight camera.

Just a note (not sure if 100% relevant, but seems like it might be relevant), the D830 KPs with the iSight attached at boot, unless I add GraphicsEnabler=yes prior to booting.

Can anyone provide me guidance as to how I can get the D8300 to recognize and work with the iSight webcamera?

nesnfsn in sunny South Florida

did you check if fire wire is enabled in bios?

Yes, the first thing I did before rebooting and running into KPs. System Profiler shows that the Firewire 400 port is recognized.

usually firewire i think is setup in networking... well at least in windows if i remember correctly... maybe same in mac?

In Network Preferences, I can see FireWire to set up, but do not know what IP address to use (if that is what is necessary) to find the iSight camera. Do I use Using DHCP? Using DHCP with manual address? Using BootP? Manually?

Thanks for the suggestion. Already found and tried its recommendations, but was wondering if this was an OSX86 issue. Perhaps someone else knows how to configure the FireWire port in Network Settings to recognize the iSight.

That's my thought as to what probably is holding me back from being able to use the iSight.

Anyone out there with an OSX Latitude Notebook and an iSight webcamera working?

nesnfsn in sunny South Florida