[Solved] Latitude 3350: Big Sur (Open Core)

theawesomerb

i did replace the kext , same thing starts looping , then i reformatted the hard drive and started over , after the first reboot , i do see " install MacOs from-- " , i left it without touching anything then the loop starts againe.

maybe i'm missing some SSDT ? 3350 is so weired the other laptops doesn't seem to go crazy like this every time we try something -_-" 

I also forgot to mention , the installer asks me to format the hard drive using the format : Mac os extended journaled ,   if i format it in APFS it wont let me install (asks me to upgrade or so , if u need the exact message i'll get it ) , and i have to use an external usb mouse since the trackpad isn't recognized for now .

for info i downloaded big sur from the appstore in my virtualbox VM

• Administrators

I'd say the boot loop may result from the known issue that usually only affects systems running in legacy BIOS mode only: missing UUID for temp installation volume in msu-product-url NVRAM parameter or missing parameter, presumably due to non-working NVRAM. It happened to me yesterday when updating my E6230 to Big Sur 11.2 and I messed up at some point with Clover.

Various solutions:

1) fix NVRAM

2) manually inject the msu-product-url parameter in an NVRAM.plist file (very long shot; not sure that would work)

3) upgrade the existing Catalina installation following the process detailed here.

Best thing to do is verify is that 1) your system runs in UEFI mode and 2) you have working NVRAM.

Are you making a completely fresh Big Sur installation having wiped out your disk or or you upgrading your existing Catalina build?

NB: can't understand why you downloaded Big Sur from a VM when you have Catalina installed. :huh:

@Hervé i wanted to start a fresh installation since i had problems with catalina and switch to OC instead of clover ( unable to fix the blanc screen after hibernation..)

1-Yes , i'm pretty sure my sysem is in UEFI.

2-how to fix that NVRAM (i can't check if it works since i don't have catalina anymore to test dortania's command line)? although i know how to inject the msu-product-url  in the config.plist, i'm going to do it right now while waiting for an answer.

, or i'll try to switch to emulated NVRAM

3-if none of the above works out i think i can re install catalina since i have a working clover file if this is the only solution.

EDIT : tried to inject msu product-url , changed the config.plist as dortania says (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/misc/nvram.html#enabling-emulated-nvram-with-a-nvram-plist) , the loop continues

Update :

thank to help from Hervé i could make it work , you'll find attached the working install config.plist if anybody has latitude 3350 , however i have three problems with the actual install

1-regarding the track pad , it doesn't work and i have to use an external usb mouse instead , the keyboard is working just fine , for info i  have an Alps alpine PS2 trackpad, i only find voodoo kexts which dont seem to work , i can send u a copy of a catalina working clover

2-I have the same problem i had with catalina regarding hibernation , when i clove the laptop and go arround for like 15 min and i go back and open it up againe , i only see a blank grey screen and nothing else.

3- sound doesn't work 

i'm actually afraid to make changes that may brake it up, re installed so many times lol

thanks !

EDIT : i fixed the trackpad problem with this kext :  https://github.com/1Revenger1/VoodooPS2-Alps/releases/tag/1.0 

i guess i fiwed the hibernation problem with following dortania's guide ( disabling it using terminal )

3-for the sound problem , my ALC is ALC3236 , but dortania says ALC3XXX are fake :( , tried the codec number that worked out for me in catalina  (i found out i injected 86 ! didnt work, if u find anything thanks ! 

also do i inject in nvram ? or the one in UEFI / audio

config.plist.zip

thanks @jakelo

1-i tried these out , also 13, 20, 86 , it always indicate : no audio device detected , maybe somthing's up with AppleAlc kext, should i switch to voodooHDA  ? tough i downloaded it from dortania.

EDIT : i fixed the audio by using VoodooHDA , and layout-id 5 , many thanks 

2-also i don't know if i should post thiis here or creat a new topic for it , regarding WIFI Dongle DWA-131 , back in catalina clover all i had to do is to download a pkg and i'm good to go , with OC and big sur i have to use this :

https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-OC-Big-Sur-Adapter

SIP is disabled in nvram (FF0F0000) , the sofware needs the rtwlanu1827.kext rtwlanu.kext , i downloaded them on some website , when i inject them and reboot a pannic shows up , i wonder if there is rtwlanu kexts specific to OC.

video tutorial : 

3350 working EFI , no WIFI.zip

• Thanks 1