Latitude 5580 skylake USB Help needed...

Asxetos

Can the experts please take a look at this EFi.

Trying to debug Catalina on a Latitude 5580 i5-6440HQ HD530.
Mixing and matching out of this forum (mostly  Jake lo's work so all credits to him) i managed to install and partly iron-out Catalina (intentionally installed Clover v5119 as its the last pre-OpenCore release, i am totally clueless on OC).

Working wifi (Dell 1830), Bluetooth, iGPU (Nvidia disabled), Keyboard-Trackpad, LCD with brightness and sleep, Sound.

Trying to figure out USB, i am at a loss.

Internal and external ports work, but only as USB2.0. If i plug any USB3.0 device its invisible.

I tried HackinTool, but plugging anything usb3 does nothing.

I have no idea if USB-C, ThunderBolt3 or HDMI are working, trying to sort the basics first.

@Jake Lo, my starting bootpack was your "Precision 5510" pack (similar hardware)...

CLOVER.zip

• Administrators

Several incorrect, inappropriate and conflicting settings in that Clover setup... For instance, you inject SKL framebuffer layout id 191b000 through properties injection, yet layout 19160000 in Graphics section. In Kernel & Kext Patches, you apply binary patches for the Kaby Lake framebuffer. There are more patched SSDT and ACPI fixes than I've probably ever seen on a mainstream Dell laptop.

Mixing and throwing stuff like you did is the worst thing to do. You've ended up with a very messy arrangement you now need to clean up. There are existing guidance and packs posted for this Skylake family of Latitude 5x80.

1 hour ago, Hervé said:

Mixing and throwing stuff like you did is the worst thing to do. You've ended up with a very messy arrangement you now need to clean up. There are existing guidance and packs posted for this Skylake family of Latitude 5x80.

Couldn't agree more Herve,

I searched the forum and downloaded about 10 of them with similar hardware (for e5570, 5580, 5480 etc) but i could not boot to installer with any of them.

Jake Lo's pack for a Precision 5510 did boot, although with out sound, bluetooth and same usb problems. So i started there...

I am not trying to get it ready on a plate, but for a novice its really confusing.

Perhaps you could point me to one? Thanks...

Thanks Jake lo, i will, but what about smbios info?  In Clover i used MacBookPro13,3 (same gen. as mine).

In that OC bootpack, the 2 plists for hd520 are almost without any platforminfo, and the hd620 is configured as a MacBookPro15,2.

Thanks anyway...

Already did, this is posted from Catalina booted with that OC bootpack. Checking what works what not (all basic stuff work!!!).

Weird, In system info the HD530 is listed twice. Nvidia is listed too (without a kext)

No need here for any kext to go in /library/extentions?

Any advise for the USB-C to work? (and even Thunderbolt3)?

Anyway thanks a lot, OC is still Chinese for me.