Latitude E7450 OC Big Sur Post-Install

ad5ter

I somewhat successfully loaded Big Sur with OC 0.6.5 on my Latitude E7450 after a weekend of following Dortania's guide as well as reading up on posts here and @Jake Lo build guides.

I have wifi working temporarily with ltlwm while I wait for my DW1650 DW1560 to arrive. Aside from that I can't seem to get Audio or the webcam working. Aside from that, my trackpad works intermittently. It would work every 3-4 restarts randomly (while trying different kexts, rebooting and reseting NVRAM.) Could someone see if I'm missing or misconfigured anything in my EFI? Removed kexts from kext folder to be able to upload.

Thanks in advance!

EFI.zip

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

I think you meant DW1560 for wifi...

For audio, change alcid=1 to 11

For webcam, you need to fix you USB ports. Either add my USBPorts-E7450.kext and disable XhciPortLimit under kernel quirks or add USBInjectAll.kext. 

Then generate your own USBPorts kext with Hackintool.app

For touchpad, try disabling SMCDellSensors.kext

Thank you @Jake Lo for the support! 

Touchpad is working well now after disabling SMCDellSensors.kext

So far no luck on audio after changing alcid to 11. Should I update the SSDTs to match your 0.6.4 guide? I ran a device check on Windows before installing MacOS and it is the Realtek ALC293 @ Intel Wildcat Point-LP PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [F0]

Not sure I follow what to do about the webcam. I added your USBPorts-7450.kext and disabled XhciPortLimit but I will have to read up on how to generate USB ports kexts with hackintool. 

• Administrators

Can't see why the ALC293 audio of the E7450 wouldn't work with layout #11 like it does with ALC293 of the E7250. Try and add CodecCommander kext to work alongside Lilu + AppleALC. Make sure those are the latest versions too.

Looking at your OC config, I see that you have arguable ACPI patches in place; for instance, you inject SSDT-EC.aml table (which is good) but you also apply the ACPI patch that renames device ECDV to EC; you should only use the former, not the latter which is now deprecated, especially as you end up with 2 x EC devices, so potentiel conflictual situation, wouldn't you say? Check your other ACPi patches too!

I replaced the confit and added the 2 SSDTs to ACPI, reset NVRAM, still no luck.

I did some trial and error tonight and pulled out all the patches and SSDTs that I had in there prior and essentially what you have @jakelo in your 0.6.4 OC config.

On the plus side, I am getting a working SD card reader and my function keys work for brightness + and - now but still no audio or webcam.

config.plist.zip Adam’s MacBook Pro - R01.ioreg

My build is Vanilla. created the install USB from a MacOS VM.

Here's the output from sudo kextcache -i/

kextcache -i/

Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil install --volume-root / --check-rebuild

rebuilding local auxiliary collection

kmutil done