Dell Latitude E5430 i3 what version and how?

DimitrisMPower1986

Hello there.

i'm trying to install high sierra with varius methods arround net without results. mojave, catalina without result also.

i dont have access to mac to download official dmg/iso. i have some experience but now i dont have a mac to make installers etc.

is a working guide without need of mac out there for my dell?

Ivy bridge, i3, 8gb ram, 120GB HDD.

Thanks a lot greetings

• Administrators

As long as your i3 is fitted with HD4000 iGPU not HD2500, you're good to go up to current Big Sur. See our FAQ section re: making USB installer without a Mac or a Hack; then look up any existing guide for Ivy Bridge Latitude E5x30 or E6x30 laptops.

Thank you for response!
i've try 

this quide and in combination with transmac and bdu only i have is reboots. with custom EFI folders also. that method i use for mojave, catalina and big sur also.

Then i've searching entire forum for ivy bridge and i found only a guide for maverics.

i have a VM running to mojave without problems but i cant install clover in there.

So Clover 4961 are the best for my setup i think, i can get security updates without problems. Other and newer clover version with same config, drivers, kexts etc are not working.
And i do some modifications to my EFI folder like fresh kexts, graphics calibrations etc. I have wifi via "Heliport", sound, usb etc all going well.

Is this safe and possible to upgrade to Big Sur (via software update or clean installation)? for some reason i cant upgrade to catalina.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvvcsjjfcd2byyd/clover 16.2.2021.rar?dl=0

• Moderators

For Catalina, you'll need at least v50xx

For Big Sur, you'll need at least v5126 I think. This version of Clover has implemented drivers and quirks from OpenCore, so you'll have to do some digging and experimenting.

Check out Hervé's E6230 guide for Big Sur, very resourceful.