[SOLVED] E7450 OpenCore 0.6.6 slow boot

eilatuno

Hi all 

i tried to update the configuration provided for  E7450 by @Jake Lo to latest version 0.6.6.

I applied the following edits to config:

during the tests with the updated version my boot time switch from 20 seconds to minutes ( 3-4 minutes), during this time booting with verbose i see a lot of error like the followings "ALF, old data swfs_pid_entry (ptr),updaterules_msg (ptr), updaterules_state (ptr)ALF, hash_free: found kext_info (ptr) old data swfs_pid_entry (ptr)

image.png.c65324df7534d33a85ce702a86e50c36.png

Anyone experienced the same issue?

Many thanks in advance

EFI_066_eilatuno.zip

• Moderators

OC 0.6.6 removed Bootstrap.efi. So if you're upgrading for an older version, make sure to reset NVRam. I had to go to the BIOS and remove OpenCore boot option and let it detect OpenCore.efi instead. When OC picker comes up, I select Reset NVRam to boot. I don't use FileVault, but make sure you have the added driver for it.

Hi Jake
same problem even with NVRAM reset, boot requested 5 minutes to complete, after the first boot bluetooth seems not work at all.

Very strange i really don't know where is the problem.

image.png.98a49adc5f68b4df1349411412e2b703.pngimage.png.604a7ca4f658bdbd650d83e43df9f164.png

I've extracted these logs from hackintool, the only referrals that I've found was about the kext SMCSensorLight but i don't think this is the root cause because your config disable this kext.

Logs.zip

It's one of the tests that i want to do, but it's a very strange thing because I've enabled all FileVault features on another platform (a T450s even with latest version of OC) without any kind of problem and same boot time (except obviously for the password preboot screen).

• Moderators

As Hervé said, make sure all is working before enabling FileVault. That should be the last thing to test if you want that enabled.

I have no experience with FileVault on a Hack ever.

I have the latest BIOS version installed but the bootpack is hotpatched so it's not BIOS version dependent.