[SOLVED] E7450 OpenCore 0.6.6 slow boot

eilatuno

Deleting Boot and OC folders and adding Jake's one, I needed to add a new boot entry in the bios (as expected) to opencore.efi

Without resetting nvram, macOS booted regularly and bluetooth works.

I want to try again to select windows in the picker, but I suspect it will crash as always

UPDATE: I'm really glad to say that windows now boots correctly from opencore! I'm now writing from windows booted from opencore picker!

Thanks a lot Jake! This is also a great improvement for me! 

Is this because of the different SSDT you published?

Thanks

• Moderators

@acquarius.13

No, latest OC 0.6.6 has made a lot of changes especially with dual/multi boot. It added an option to not load ACPI patches made for MacOS to other OS's.

The patches was originally made for Dell's truncated SMBios but now also include that patches I just mentioned.

I also removed / commented out the 3rd display patch for ig-platformid. I noticed that when I enter the password, it doesn't display the input right away. That's now fix.

Another thing, the memory tab under system info is also working showing, no longer need a kext which wasn't working in OC anyway.

Glad my new files also worked for you too. Great improvement I think.

Hi Jake 

sorry for late reply, I saw the optimizations that you talking about. Now system boot correctly and with the options needed for filevault already enabled and the system seems to me more responsive now, tonight after a full clone :-D I'll try to enable FileVault and I'll inform you about the results.

Thanks