D630 OS X Lion Install Guide

seb3

thnx mate, well got a new problem, i tought everything worked but the LAN connection automaticly disconnects after a couple of minutes or when im trying to download big sized files. :( should i run myfix again after the update and edp? i can try it either way it doesnt gonne hurt me hackintosh, but maybe you know something more about it

Hello friends,

I discovered your forum some days ago, and I followed your guides for getting my old D630 with a Lion OSX working on it!!!

I have a problem, I searched in the forum and I found some information, but I didn't found a good solution for me.

The problem is as follows:

1) I Installed the OSX with the myHack procedure following this guide or this other guide: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1027-install-osx-107-lion-on-d630-x3100/

2) When I applied the EDP, I need to download the 5.0 version, that is the version actually published in the website. I install the EDP 5.0 and then, I run the script with the default options for my computer.

3) I reboot the laptop, and when it loads again, everything works fine, excepts the ethernet card. For some reason, the EDP script avoids the ethernet driver.

At this point, I have the problems. If I copy and paste the BCM5722D.kext in /System/Library/Extensions folder, I got a KP and when I reboot the machine, the ethernet works but I got a KP every 5-10 minutes.

If I try to copy the BCM5722D.kext in the /Extra/Extensions folder and then I do a myFix in /, I got a KP too and when reboots, the ethernet works, but again, KP every 5-10 minutes.

Can you please me explain the correct method for loading next files or redirect me to a place that explains it??? I searched in Google and find a lot of method, I tried some of them, but I always had the KP's.

Now, I am working and writing from my D630 with Lion, but I am in the first version without the EDP applied.

Best regards!

ISO

Hello,

I noticed analyzing the log of the EDP script that the LAN driver didn't copies successfully:

Copying the Audio kexts to /Extra/Extensions 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Copying the Lan kext to /Extra/Extensions ( - ID: 4)
  Copying NullCPUPowerManagement.kext for disabling Apples native power management.. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Check if we need SleepEnabler.kext for enabling sleep...

I tried to copy the kext (BCM5722D.kext) manually in the folder /Extra/Extensions and then, run a myfix full. Is this the correct procedure?? I think so...

Best regards!

• Administrators

Yes, you should always copy additional kexts to /Extra/Extensions and follow-up with myFix full. Avoid adding stuff to /S/L/E as this is really for the original Apple stuff and it's best to leave as is unless absolutely necessary. myHack provides the facility to add and/or replace/supersede kexts through /E/E.

Regarding KP every 5/10mins after EDP 5.0 execution, can you say whether there is any mention of EFINVram in the KP message at all? If that's the case, try and replace the boot file at root (/) level by the one I had attached here:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2137-wanted-edp-4-or-older/?hl=2170