[Solved] Latitude 5400: headphone jack and internal speaker don't work

ryuu_nami

@Jake Lo Both of my internal speaker is working now but  headphone jack outputs no sound. i don't know why.    is it also possible to get my sd card reader working?  I can't see any devices under card reader and pci devices under system information.

i see from hackintool, under pcie section, that i have a rts525a pci express card reader. Thanks a lot.

@Jake Lo when i hear the sound coming from the speaker i was so excied that i forgot to check the headphone jack. i pretend it worked but actually outputs no sound.  it's my fault. hope you saw my updated reply thank you.

• Moderators

You can try alcid=11 or 54, see if they work better

The files you attached already has the kext to load the Realtek SD Card reader, have you actually try it?

Having it appear under PCI devices is just purely cosmetics...I can help you add it if you like or you can just export it from Hackintool and added it to the Config file yourself.

@Jake LoBoth alcid=11 and 54 don’t work. In both cases I don’t have headphone outputs, not even a static sound. Both have speaker outputs. What else can I do to solve it? As for sd card reader, I don’t have sd card at workplace. I will have a try back home. I thought that devices only work when they are shown in system info just like Microsoft windows. Thanks!