DW1820A: slow rate

cowboy_wilhelm

Welp, the DW1820A I ordered from everyone's favorite online auction site finally arrived. The seller's image for the card and the sticker on the card both indicated it was the 0VW3T3 card. I installed it yesterday and don't have Bluetooth. Wi-Fi works, but maxes out at 25 Mb/s.  I used an Ubuntu disk to "try Ubuntu" and had functioning Bluetooth (transferred a file to my phone) and full Wi-Fi (300+ Mb/s wireless on 400 Mb/s connection).

Turns out I'm lucky and got a card with the 0023 subsystem ID instead of 0021.

So... what to try next, if anything? It seems odd that it functions, albeit slowly. I assumed it would either work or not work. I guess I can live with it, but 25 Mb/s seems painfully slow these days.

The config I was using had pci14e4,43a0. I tried 43a3 and 4353 instead, but neither made a difference. What did work was adding brcmfx-country=#a as a boot-arg. That got it from 40 MHz to 80 MHz.

I thought I had BrcmBluetoothInjector, BrcmFirmwareData and BrcmPatchRAM3, but they’re not showing up as installed in Hackintool. Guess I’m still missing something there.