D630/GMA install failing from the start

jacqkeen

I have a d630 with intel graphics, 4gb ram, 1440x900 lcd, 1395 wifi card. I flashed with the custom bios. I have wifi disabled in the bios and get the kernel panic in the attached picture when booting from usb drive created by myhack on an Intel MacMini (I replaced the Extras folder with the custom one from this site).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

post-5449-076009500 1340735114_thumb.jpg

OK, go to Dell's website and get the BIOS revision for our D630, put it on a USB stick with UNetbootin and flash your BIOS back to Dell's official BIOS and try again.

The problem is when you flashed your BIOS with OS X BIOS you used the low res one so now your screen is going out of whack

I got the high resolution DSDT by searching the forum. It corrected the video issue. I was able to run disk utility and partition the hard drive for the Mac OS. I select the drive to install to, click next and then the screen goes grey and the installer says it cannot continue and gives a HUGE installer log. I haven't been able to save the text but took one picture of the screen.

Is my myhack installer borked and needs to be redone? Or is there something else going on?

post-5449-016826400 1340739617_thumb.jpg