Multi-booting and chameleon bootloader

elim

My triple boot XP, SL and Ubuntu works just fine but somehow the graphic boot menu is gone. Instead, I have a text based chameleon boot menu:

post-3920-013054600 1340745646_thumb.png

The change doesn't seem revertable... Any idea why this happened? Thanks

JawhnL5, Syonagar and Bronxteck, thanks for the ideas. I've tried all of these but no use.

The problem is that my os x was a carbon copy clone restoration, not a fresh installation. They have different effect to the mbr setting...

The text boot menu is a safe mode of chameleon that appears when there is sth. wrong in mbr. and so chameleon wizard cannot alter anything to the safe mode of chameleon, I guess....

JawhnL5, Syonagar and Bronxteck, thanks for the ideas. I've tried all of these but no use.

The problem is that my os x was a carbon copy clone restoration, not a fresh installation. They have different effect to the mbr setting...

The text boot menu is a safe mode of chameleon that appears when there is sth. wrong in mbr. and so chameleon wizard cannot alter anything to the safe mode of chameleon, I guess....

You can use Chamelion Wizard to install theme, etc.

It should work to re- enable guy

You can use Chamelion Wizard to install theme, etc.

It should work to re- enable guy

I found that if I plug in an external HDD to my triple boot D430 (which has gui chameleon boot menu) and boot, I'll get text boot menu too.

Could you upload your Extra folder please?

Here is the Extra.tgz: http://elinkage.net/Resources/Extra.tgz

I doubt this has any value, otherwise I'll move it to somewhere publically better accessible...

some screenshots: The normal case:

post-3920-067282700 1341526222_thumb.jpg

Plug in a usb external HDD and boot:

post-3920-095465600 1341527979_thumb.gif

When it's in text menu mode, the boot display is not controllable (always 1024x768) and when booting is over, the display will get to whatever it should be.

When the internal HDD got many (> 7) partitions, it seems that one cannot get rid of text boot menu...