DW1550: want to know the way to make it work in Catalina

DJKim

Thanks to Hervé guide, I have used High sierra and mojave for long time with my E6230.

The thing is mojave with lastest patch works with many graphic glitchs, and becomes very painful to use mojave any more.

Why i keep using mojave is that I couldnt get wifi connection in Catalina, since I have no idea about patch or system security policy things.

What I did to install mojave is that, 

1. Make Mojave install USB

2. Install Clover

3. Copy EFI to USB

4. Install Mojave on e6230.

5. Install Clover on e6230

6. Copy USB EFI to e6230 EFI.

I didnt even use patch S/L or rebuilding or something like that, and that means I have no idea about patch or SIP or sort of things. What I knew was just Copy and Paste.

But in Catalina or Bigsur, It doesn't work anymore, which means I need to do something that I don't know or afraid of doing it.

Thanks again to Hervé, I could install bigsur on e6230(i7-3540m) with EFI (version 5?) and no WIFI. (my wifi is DW1550.)

I copied 3 kext to EFI/OC/kext folder. (airportxxx and bcrmxxxx and one more thing.. I dont even remember that correct names of these)

Surely no wifi, no bluetooth.

I tried replace conig.plist Hervé uploaded on other e6230 wifi help thread down there, but still no luck. it seems that replacing only files are not the right action.

Any there any solution for this by just copying or replacing files? or super detailed guide even for 8 years old kid?

Thanks in advanced.

• Administrators

DW1550, like its M.2 counterpart DW1560, is based on Broadcom BCM4352 chip (pci14e4,43b1). As such, you should still be able to get it to work under Catalina and Big Sur with the good old recommended settings:

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/11138-inventory-of-supportedunsupported-wireless-cards-2-sierra-big-sur

Last 3 x Broadcom chipsets officially supported by AirPortBrcmNIC in Big Sur are:

1. BCM43602 (pci14e4,43ba)
  2. BCM4350 (pci14e4,43a3)
  3. BCM4360 (pci14e4,43a0)

Catalina supported the same + the following additional 2 x Broadcom chipsets through AirPortBrcm4360:

1. BCM4331 (pci14e4:4331)
  2. BCM43224 (pci14e4:4353)

Be honest, I didn't expect any reply this soon.

Giving me some courage to challenge this crisis.

MY EFI is exactly same to

https://osxlatitude.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=29652

OC_0.6.3_EFI_E6230_BigSur_#5.zip -> This is what i used. (I attached it even I am not sure I have the right to upload it or not)

(Hervé's e6230 bigsur install guide)

I first tried it with no modification. -> no wifi

I put three files into EFI/OC/Kexts -> no wifi (AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext)OC_0.6.3_EFI_E6230_BigSur_#5.zip

In mojve, wifi was working well with just putting these 3 files into clover/kext/others. (some time no wifi, then just reboot and get wifi again)

And, Hervé replied me below:

DW1550, like its M.2 counterpart DW1560, is based on Broadcom BCM4352 chip (pci14e4,43b1). As such, you should still be able to get it to work under Catalina and Big Sur with the good old recommended settings:

-> Unfortunately I have no idea what he want to talk. Because I have no understanding that why PCI_ID is needed)

I feel like I should to modify config.plist with Opencore configurator, still I don't which part of config.plist I have to modify.

I know I looks super novice for using hachintosh, just if you are too bored or full of helping someone, please hand me some advice,

Thanks.