[Solved] Latitude 6230: stuck on Mojave installation

balrzoz

Hi, I'm new to the hackintosh scene, tried to do hackintosh Mojave on my Dell E6230

I was using Jake Lo's guide to do it, and stuck on 

ACPI Error: 4 table load failures, 0 successful (20160930/tbxf load-342)

screenshot is attached.

EFI folder is attached as well, I'm using Clover_v2.4k_r4920.

if it's important I'm using vmware mojave for creating Bootable USB.

thanks in advance.

IMG_4077.jpg

EFI.zip

Oh wow, how did I missed this, Thank you so much.

sorry for not looking hard enough 🙂

will try it right now! I'm excited!

-------------Update-------------

I was able to boot it correctly with @Hervé guide, without ACPI error and stuff, but this time I get rebooted from the verbose mode, then I googled and turn the do not restart if panic option.

At the end of the process it says "Please go to https://panic,apple,com to report this panic", trying to search for solution.

Edited by balrzoz

Question @Hervé, is the kext/other in the latest boot pack needed to be updated to the recent one?

My bios is still A19 too apparently, is it the problem? some site indicate that maybe the clover version is wrong, or the kext is not up to date. still need to learn enough about this stuff. will read more.

----update-----

update all my drivers, and bios, still doesn't work, trying to change the kext file to the recent one, tomorrow.

• Administrators

All the info and data provided in the Mojave guide were accurate at the time of writing and remains so to date. Of course, numerous newer versions of Clover and numerous new versions of some of the kexts of the provided bootpack were released since. Whether you update those is entirely up to you but rest-assured that the provided pack will work perfectly with the provided Clover version for all versions of Mojave.

Check your BIOS settings and adjust as per the recommended settings in case something differs.

I was using your BIOS settings guide and then some things change after updating driver, then tried it again this morning still stuck on panic.

IMG_4087.thumb.jpg.0bd2271a7648c44a38722c867857bd9f.jpg

this is the screenshot of the end of the process.

also EFI files is attached, I think there's nothing wrong with the EFI, the guide is clear as day.

tried to switch out the installation from another USB port still doesn't work.

Also in the guide there's 2 FSInject on the UEFI driver but I can only find one.

• UEFI Drivers
    • AudioDxe

• DataHubDxe

• FSInject

• SMCHelper

• ApfsDriverLoader

• AptioMemoryFix

• Fat

• FSInject

• PartitionDxe

• Ps2MouseDxe

• UsbMouse.Dxe

• VBoxHfs

EFI.zip

• Administrators

Obviously just a typo that has now been attended for; thanks for pointing this out.

We won't be able to make anything out of that KP screenshot unfortunately. Things that could be wrong, open thoughts really:

• dodgy RAM module or slot
  • unsupported wireless card; please specify
  • non-vanilla installation

You should also post your specs in signature like most of us do.

I see, now that you pointed it out, I was careless my CPU is i5-3320M it's completely different from the guide but it still E6230.

different region problem I think. 

Ram is 12GB DDR3L different brand too

wireless card in my device manager Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300

installation is from VM macOS mojave - download from appstore.

Is there anything I can do to make this work?

I'll try to move out i5-3340M_SSDT.efi and try to boot it again.

Signature is updated, 

----Update----

still stuck on panic. still looking for another solution 

Edited by balrzoz
wrong wireless card

• Administrators

No need to switch to the other bootpack. As stated in the guides you simply need to generate your CPU-specific power management SSDT. Granted it may not have been explained well-enough, something I've now addressed. If you use the SSDTs for I provided for the CPUs stated in my guides, you'll indeed encounter issues.

Anyway, assuming you're unable to generate your own SSDT, here it is. Just unzip and place inside your Clover's ACPI/patched folder.

SSDT-PM_i5-3320M.aml.zip

I read that, and search for another guy's threat and happen to found this 

Downloaded the guy pack and find out SSDT is different but then again its High Sierra.

You're a generous god @Hervé, you assume right I don't know how to make SSDT, so thank you so much for that SSDT, will try it ASAP.

will update if it's done.