problem getting Intel Wifi 6 AX200 working with ltlwm

zogthegreat

Hi everyone!

So I'm fiddling with an Intel WiFi 6 AX200 on my Latitude E7250 an I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. It "seems" to be working... I can see my WiFi connection, but the password field doesn't popup when I click on it, so I can't connect. I've tried using the HeliPort app, but it gives me an error Itlwm is not running and when I open the app, it doesn't see any networks, (side note, I'm pretty sure that I'm doing something wrong here). I am using the "AirportItlwm_v1.2.0_stable_BigSur.kext" and not the stock ltlwm.kext. I will try the stock ltlwm.kext after I post this message.

I've gone through my config.plist and everything seems to be correct, I have the WiFi card in "Device Properties" and the driver is listed under the "Kernel" section.

Does anyone have any suggestion on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

zog

ltlwm.png

(EDIT) The ltlwn.kext caused a kp on boot, must be the configuration in my config.plist.

config.zip

• Administrators

You only need to declare the kext under the Kernel section. The device property injection is of no operational purpose other than the cosmetic side of things and you sure do not need to declare it compatible with... itself! :huh:

Try:

1. disabling SIP
  2. loading the kext manually
  3. v1.3.0 since it's supposed to support 160MHz cards

Salut @Hervé!

I tried your suggestion, but I couldn't get it to work. However, going back to the AirportItlwm.kext does give me a connection now, including password fields. Ho2wever, it's not stable and the connection keeps dropping. To manually load the kext, I used the following commands:

sudo cp -R itlwm.kext /tmp

sudo chown -R root:wheel /tmp/itlwm.kext

sudo kextload /tmp/itlwm.kext

I'm going to keep at it, I'll figure it out eventually and I'll post up what the problem was.

Thanks!

zog

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The DW1820A in my E7270 is working perfectly. Since this is for my daughter and she doesn't want to fiddle with it, going with something more solid is the better choice here.

Although I will keep messing with it until the new WiFi chip comes.

Hi,

I have Intel AX200 card in my laptop and the following kexts in EFI->OC->Kexts folder - IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext, IntelBluetoothInjector.kext, itlwm.kext.

Bluetooth works fine, but Wi-Fi is not working. What am I doing wrong?

Best regards.