Precision 7510: Keyboard, trackpad and intel wifi not working in Mojave with OpenCore

kfayz

I used opencore efi provided here by Jake, but changed Broadcom wifi to intel one and added voodoops2controller the latest one. Installation is successful and macOS is working but Keyboard, trackpad and wifi are not working. 

There was a folder named "apple' and contained firmware file that was too big too attach inside my efi folder so I deleted it, the rest if from my mounted efi folder of the os on the hard drive.

EFI.zip

I got trackpad and keyboard working by making clean snapshot using propertree which rearranged voodoops2 controller to be under each other, I still can't use multitouch and trackpad is shown as not found, can anyone recommend a kext for trackpad that has multitouch ?

• Moderators

You can try 1Revenger1's VoodooPS2Controller which suppose to support Alps touchpad v7.

If it doesn't work, then you can try Dr. Hurt's Alps touchpad, most likely won't work either.

Even if it does work, you'll only get simple movements. Only gestures you'll get is 2 fingers scrolling, tap and drag, 2 fingers right click, left mouse click, and trackstick scrolling. 

I just use Acidanthera's latest VoodooPS2Controller, gives the same function except for trackstick scrolling which I use smart scroll.app to fix that.

There will be no preference pane either but it works well enough for me. Mouse movement is more smooth than any of the Alps touchpad kext that are out there now. 

Thank you. I fixed everything including intel wifi and bluetooth. Is there any kext that has multitouch more than 2 fingers for the 7510 ? I would love to have all the gestures that minimize apps and create new spaces and such.

I currently use the latest voodoops2 acidenthara one like you.