E7440: TouchPad issues in Catalina

sleo

Hey guys,

I new here. I have the same model of Dell E7440 as in the post  https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/13071-dell-latitude-e7440-catalina-10154. I just install Catalina 10.15.7 using the guide from the link. Everything works fine, expect below things:

- Highlighting contextual menu links

- Rollover and magnification effect on the dock

- Drag and drop

- Trackpad Right click (flickering effect) & scrolling problem

- Hot corners

Those things are really frustrating, and I have the same problems also on Mojave. Any idea how to manage them? I will be really appreciated. Below, also screen recording to this case.

480_Screen Recording 2021-03-15 at 20.42.01.mov.zip

Yes, sure. I also playing around Accessibility -> Pointer Control -> Trackpad Options, but without success.  Strange that mostly none before me noted those bugs in their E7xxx guides. Googling unfortunately also not give a hope, only old dated & not solved posts as:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/help-dock-magnification-menus-hot-corners-not-working.322786/

Update: I playing around:

- VoodooPS2Controller.kext

- VoodooPS2ControllerR6.kext

- ApplePS2Controller.kext

&

- VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

- VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

Conclusion:

1.  VoodooPS2Controller.kext with external mouse works great: all above mentioned problems with dock, hot corners, drag and drop, etc dissapear. But unfortunately, trackpad with this kext not working at all. 

2. ApplePS2Controller.kext - trackpad works, but only with left button. Right one, not working, scrolling, drag and droping, and other gestures also not working. An External mouse with this kext works, but with dock, hot corners, etc. problems. 

3. VoodooPS2ControllerR6.kext - problems mentioned in my first post: Highlighting contextual menu links, Rollover and magnification effect on the dock, Drag and drop, Trackpad Right click (flickering effect) & scrolling problem, Hot corners. External mouse works with this kext, but with this additional problems.

So, actually I stay with solution: VoodooPS2Controller.kext + external mouse, without trackpad. 

• Administrators

Not looked into the provided Clover EFI folder and config in details but I can see that the patched DSDT already contains several/many of subsequent patches offered through the accompanying SSDT or set in the config. Not quite certain of the benefits of duplicating things here, in fact, possibly the contrary.

Example #1:

• iGPU device in patched DSDT:

DSDT_iGPU.jpg

• iGPU properties injection & Graphics in config:

Clover_config_iGPU_Properties.jpg

Clover_config_Graphics.jpg

Example #2:

• EHCx and XHC devices in patched DSDT:

DSDT_EHCx.jpg

• SSDT-EH0x/SSDT-XHC injected tables:

SSDT_EH0x_XHC.jpg

I would suggest returning to a more basic setup without duplicates (especially ACPI patches) to begin with.

Ok, thank you for your replies.

According to @Baio77 - I downloaded and installed all VoodooI2C kexts (the core VoodooI2C.kext + all satellites kexts), but in effect neither the trackpad, nor the keyboard work. But anyway, I export ioreg: "sleo’s_E7440_Voodool2C" with this setup. I also downloaded actual version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext (which is the best for me so far, even with dead trackpad) and also exported second ioreg with this kext: "sleo’s_E7440_VoodooPS2". Both attached below. 

@Hervé - To be true, I never playing around DTST/SSDT. So I just downloaded and instaled Iasl, MaciASL; disassembled my DSTD/SSDT *aml to *dsl and I have located inside of them the lines of the code from your screen shoots. So I'm not sure yet exactly which lines of code I should remove ... I need to analize the code in depth. I will be really grateful for any advise on this matter. 

sleo’s_E7440_Voodool2C.ioreg sleo’s_E7440_VoodooPS2.ioreg