E7440: TouchPad issues in Catalina

sleo

Hey Jake Lo, thank you for reply. I used your kexts and ACPI, but with no luck. The effect is the same as before (my first post), and I think is because of VoodooPS2ControllerR6.kext. After many, many attempts I am a little confused.. Anyway, do you think replacing Clover for OC is worth a try? Or maybe the Big Sur installation makes sense in this case?

• Moderators

The files will work on Catalina as well. On my install, I don't see those issue you're referring to, perhaps something is wrong with your installation. In that case, you could try a clean install of Big Sur. 

Not sure if your Catalina install was Vanilla or not. While you have a running system, you can try downloading a clean Catalina app and recreate the installer and keep the EFI or Big Sur and test the installation and see if it makes a difference.

I admit the Alps kext is not perfect, but it should not produce the issue you're describing.

I used this guide for creating Catalina Vanilla USB Installer: https://internet-install.gitbook.io/macos-internet-install/preparing-your-installer/untitled-1

I used this guide & EFI for post Installation: https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/13071-dell-latitude-e7440-catalina-10154

I tried your EFI from your Catalina Clover Guide on my Catalina Vanilla Installation, but still I have the same problems with the trackpad.

In next days I'll give a try your OC Catalina and Big Sur guide, and we'll see...

Firstly I Installed fresh copy of Catalina based on Dortania's OpenCore guide & your Clover Guide and EFI files. The effect is the same. VoodooPS2Controller.kext works great with external mouse, but the trackpad not work at all with this kext. On the other hand VoodooPS2ControllerR6.kext - the trackpad & external mouse works, but badly, as I described in my first post. 

Secondly I installed fresh copy of Big Sur based on Dortania's OpenCore guide & your OpenCore guide and EFI files. The effect is simillar. But here I don't see any differences between VoodooPS2Controller.kext & VoodooPS2ControllerR6.kext & VoodooPS2Controller-Alps.kext. In all cases the trackpad & external mouse works, but badly, as I described in my first post. 

But in both cases I did not edit my my DSDTs and SSDTs as well config.plist. Do you see any idea to try it?