E6220: macOS Catalina successfully installed but wifi card is not working

efe

Hello, I was able to run Mac Os Catalina on my dell e6220. Everything is working right but not the wifi-card. I don't have intel card but a broadcom one. The card is BCM 43228. I've tried with Airportbrcmfixup kext and also with IO80211FamilyV2.kext but no way to make it work. Any ideas? (The kexts are in Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and also in /System/Library/Extensions with Hackintool o Kext Utility installation based). Thank you for your help!!!

The card it's a DW1530. 

• Administrators

<_< Please search the forum and consult our FAQ section before posting.

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/11138-inventory-of-supportedunsupported-wireless-cards-2-sierra-big-sur

As a general rule, avoid making copies of the same kexts in multiple places; best recipe for trouble unless you fully master what you're doing... You either cache your kexts (ideally from /L/E) or you inject them from your boot loader's EFI kexts folder.

Ok I followed point 5, cleaned all duplicates of kexts. I copied IO80211Family.kext into L/E folder, repaired permissions and built cache but nothing. (I removed airportbmfixup)

Now i tried to add the kext into S/L/E but nothing again

• Administrators

What are you talking about ??? You need to pay attention to what you read. It appears you've totally missed that, as clearly stated in our inventories, Broadcom BCM43228 is... totally unsupported ! You'll have to replace that card by a supported model. Probably not what you wanted to hear but that's the reality. End of story.

• Administrators

Most painless card as possible? Go for an Apple BCM94360CD card + a mini-PCIe adapter. That's what I fitted into my Latitude E6220 and E6230 years ago and never had to look back or even think about wireless or Bluetooth any more. See our dedicated thread on the matter in our R&D->Wireless section.

For the rest, well, I don't want to be rude or slap you...

• Like 1