• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I am trying the myhack install.

Ive come across a problem, where myhack does not exept the lion installer from the retail usb stick.

What am I doing wrong?

Please assist.

thanx

madmax

• Administrators

Hi madmax,

You need to ensure you point to the correct .dmg image. Usually, you need to open up the initial Lion image and extract/point to the proper installation image, called "install ESD".

• Administrators

Dear Madmax,

Unfortunately it seems myHack still does not support installation media from retail USB yet. You will need to use xfail to transfer the installation files to a usb installer. Just make sure you remove problematic kext, install Extra bootpack from your machine and run myfix full mode using myhack utilities.

Cheers!

Hi,

that is what I am doing. But I am stuck at the point where it shows "PCI configuration begin"

Its 10.7.2 from the retail USB stick that I use with xfail with the m4300 lion boot pack, but it does not get further than this.

please help.

madmax

Dear Madmax,

Unfortunately it seems myHack still does not support installation media from retail USB yet. You will need to use xfail to transfer the installation files to a usb installer. Just make sure you remove problematic kext, install Extra bootpack from your machine and run myfix full mode using myhack utilities.

Cheers!

Hi,

one little problem I came across was that the keyboard stopps working. So when booted all OK, but after a while ( I do not know what triggers that ) the Keyboard stopps working.

Any idea how to resolve that?

cheers

madmax