Dell latitude 5490: wifi, brightness, gestures (Catalina+OpenCore)

Carbon_100

Began to delve into the topic of hackintosh, and OpenCore. I have an installed system + a bootloader. Almost everything I need works.

So far, the following problems have arisen: Wifi intel 8265 does not work (it worked on clover), screen brightness is not regulated, and gestures do not work, touchpad keys work fine (on clover it was the other way around) Are there ready-made solutions, or where to read about it?

• Moderators

Confusing files!

Your Clover includes both Intel and Broadcom kexts for Wifi

Your OC file are from Latitude 5300, although work for you luckily, but too much unnecessary kexts for I2C which might be causing your issue

I make a new set of files for you using OC 0.6.7

Assuming CPUFriendDataProvider and USBPorts from your Clover files are configured for your system, I'll adding them to the OC bootpack.

Select Config-Intel.plist and rename it to Config.plist since you mentioned your wifi card is Intel

Latitude_5490_OC_0.6.7.zip

Thanks for your efforts. My wifi intel 8265 still doesn't work. Also, the touchpad's work has changed, now the buttons only work when you hold your finger on the touchpad (they worked well before) but gestures started to work 😄. The brightness control works, and thanks for that.