Dell E6440: Catalina

fuxsas1999

Hi Guys I have installed catalina on Dell latitude e6440 but I have some problems - The audio function but is loaded with a delay a few minutes after boot - closing the pc it stays on and does not switch me on the external monitor and obviously the wifi which internal card you recommend ? I am attaching my efi.
thanks PaulEFI.zip

EFI.zip

run ioreg and put it here, it serves to make accurate diagnosis, you have put in EFI Clover ACPI files, where they come from?
What version of Clover are you using?

1935794430_Schermata2021-03-20alle09_32_57.thumb.png.87d67aabd71e9901072f04e6ae227cfc.png

never seen so many KEXT

Put this EFI in USB and try to boot from USB if ioreg starts

EFI.zip

• Administrators

We have plenty of guides and threads relating to the E6440 here and I would suggest you grab your Clover pack from there rather than any other obscure place you must have grabbed yours from. You must clean up your Clover setup and get rid of all those useless kexts you've got in the kexts folder.

Knowing your hardware is a mandatory pre-requisite. Had you done so, you'd have quickly realised how mad (not to say anything else) it is to just throw all sorts of LAN / wireless / XHCI / RAID / SATA / FakePCIID / etc. kexts at the system. E6440 is a Haswell laptop and therefore built on Series 8 chipset. As such adding kexts for Series 100, 200 or whatever else is pure non-sense for instance.

Clean-up and start afresh. Use Clover v5119 max to avoid the Big Sur-related quirks stuff.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Again, knowing your hardware is a mandatory pre-requisite to succeed in building a Hackintosh...

Back in the days when I had one, I posted a guide for the E6440 which basically listed the hardware specs. LAN/Ethernet card is Intel so please, pretty please, get rid of those Realtek or Atheros LAN kexts non-sense. Also get rid of those FakePCIID kexts, you're highly unlikely to need them now given that they're mostly deprecated these days.

Please specify the make and model of your wireless card (remove the bottom tray to physically check it if necessary) then head over to our R&D->Wireless forum section to, at minimum, consult our posted inventories.

With regards to essential kexts such as VirtualSMC (& PlugIns), Lilu (& PlugIns such as AppleALC or WhateverGreen), make sure you've grabbed the latest versions off their relevant repositories on the Net. Use Google to find them if required.

With regards to BIOS settings, please check the dedicated thread on the matter in this very section and adjust your settings accordingly.

With regards to the actual Clover config itself... well... ouch... it's a pile of crap! Whoever used this could not possible run a 6440 properly! Far too much duplicate, deprecated and incorrect stuff in there, from ACPI patches to injected device properties or boot args, binary patches and other patched ACPI tables.

I'll try and post an adequate alternative asap because -again- Ouch! :o

• Like 1