D630-wifi card kext needed

Macman911

Hey guys! Love this forum! It helped me through alot of things. My recent challenge was installing lion on my Latitude D630. I got everything working perfectly except wifi. I was wondering how to get it working. I have the Latitude D630 with the nvidia. I know my Wifi card is: Intel Pro Wireless 4965 802.11 (a/g/n) Mini Card. Is there a kext or something to get his working. my video, sound, power, keyboard, mouse, and bluetooth are all working flawlessly so far all i need is my wifi card. Thanks for all the help. it is greatly appreciated

• Administrators

Dear macman,

Unfortunately the original intel wifi card is not supported by os x. You need to replace it with a broadcom one. Search around the forum on list of compatible model.

Cheers!

Hey! Thank you for the Help! I was just looking in my office and found a dell that i had scrapped a little while ago. So i thought id investigate. Turns out that that dell has a broadcom BRCM 1016 wifi card. The difference is this dell is an inspiron B130. Would this wifi card work? If it will...will it even fit into my latitude D630? Also if it wont work at all what kind of broadcom wifi card is know to work in Latitude D630s? any suggestion? Again Thanks for the Help! Cheers!

As per Bronxteck suggests. I have always picked up DW1395's off ebay for about £3 delivered :-)

After physical install of card you will probably need to do this:

Download the IO80211Family.kext.zip from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=267408
Download and install/run Kext Helper. get it from here: http://cheetha.net/
Unzip the Kext file,
Launch Kext Helper,
Drag the Kext into window.
Put your password in and apply.
Once done reboot (fingers crossed) and WIFI working

Alright Again thanks for all your help guys. So I ordered the DW1395 today and put it in. Followed sipart's instructions and now i have osx working flawlessly. Its perfect. Only things was. Using the link he posted both kexts are needed. The IO80211Family.kext.zip and the IONetworkingFamily.kext. The link he posted for the kext helper just showed me some crap about mobile me not working so i downloaded Kext Wizard and installed the using that. I have a perfectly Functioning Dell Latitude D630 running OSX 10.7.4 with working wifi using the DW1395. all in all it costed me $3.50 for another mac haha. Thanks for all the help guys!

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

IO80211Family.kext.zip

Kext Wizard.zip

• Like 1