Lion 10.7.2 on D620

hirion

Hi Everyone!

I'm new on this site - registered only yesterday.

I have just bought a D620 because I had read on this forum that Lion could be installed on it. The specifications of the laptop: T7200 core2 duo, 2 GB Ram, Bios A05.

First problem: myhack installer 3.1 at the end of the install wants to install an Extra anyway. There are two choises: generic Extra or my own Extra. As "my own Extra" I can only install the Lion Bootpack from my pendrive. Which version of the myhack installer doesn't want to install Extra?

Second: as I didn't need the Extra created - whether I wanted it or not - by the myhack installer, I moved it to the trash and started the EDP 2.2 installer, then I configured it (EDP). I installed chameleon boot loader then rebooted system. The result is kernel panick. As I found out from the text woodoo HDA is at fault. Could anyone write down step by step the install process? (I would be quite happy with a 10.7.2 if it worked smoothly)

Thank you!

• Administrators

Dear lanyo,

Welcome to os x latitude!

After installing os x using myhack, we would recommend that you use generic Extra from the bootpack for your model from the menu above . After that, upon first start up, install and configure EDP 2.2. Don't forget to run myfix full mode (from myhack) on the system after installing EDP 2.2 before rebooting. This is very important for EDP 2.2. Otherwise you'll get a lot of weird KP.

When you get your internet connection working, we would recommend that you download and install the latest EDP 3.1 which is compatible with myhack. Look for the topic on it in the forum for instructions.

Cheers!

Dear Syonagar,

Thank you for your help!

I have one more question: is there any way to make a Snow installer on a Powermac G5? (this is my other computer) The version of myhack installer 1.x can be run after retail Snow Leopard.dmg is restored to the USB stick, but D620 is not booting from it.

Thanks,

lanyo

Thanks JawhnL5, I have already succeeded in making a Snow install stick.

Syonagar, I've done what you had written and I have the following problem: during install the keyboard and the mouse don't work on the laptop (I have to connect a USB keyboard and mouse). After installing, configuring EDP 2.2 and running myfix the problem is still exist, I can use the system only with an external keyboard and mouse. Is there possible to delete a kext from the folder of the USB stick or the Extra and replace it with another which function the keyboard and the mouse with?

Thanks

Installing Mac OS X Snow Leopard on Dell Latitude D620

Insert your Snow Leopard install DVD or if you have a DMG image that works too. Go to disk utility and format a USB stick with Master Boot Record and Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

Go to the Restore tab, and for source, click "Image" and select your Snow Leopard DMG file or from the DVD menu if you have the DVD version. For destination, drag your formatted USB drive to the destination section. If you are making it on Leopard or Snow Leopard, be sure "Erase Destination" is selected. On Lion and Mountain Lion it does it by itself. and then click restore. Enter root password and let it copy away!

Now download the latest certified Chameleon bootloader from here: http://www.osxlatitude.com/files/Chameleon.pkg

If you have Dell Latitude D620 with Intel graphics, download and copy this Extra folder to your USB stick: http://www.osxlatitude.com/packs/Dell/Dell_Latitude_D620-intel-sl.zip

If you have Dell Latitude D620 with Intel graphics, download and copy this Extra folder to your USB stick: http://www.osxlatitude.com/packs/Dell/Dell_Latitude_D620-nvidia-sl.zip

Now boot from your USB stick using "-v" or "-v -f -x" and then install OS X. Make sure the hard drive is formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and GUID Partition Table. Now install and when it's done, update to 10.6.8 and run EDP 1.9.2 and make a build. Now reboot. Done!

Hi lanyo, what settings did you pick in EDP?

And less important but have you flashed the BIOS with OSXL version for your specific model?

Hi sipart,

I use the following settings in EDP(I'm not sure that the order is correct):

D620 Intel GMA950 graphic card

NullCPUPowermanagement - yes

Emulated speedstep - no

Slice's Aplle PS2 controller

SleepEnabler - no

My BIOS is A05 and it isn't flashed for OSX BIOS

Speaking of BIOS: is this possible to change the size of the GMA950 graphic card's shared memory?

Thanks

Installing Mac OS X Snow Leopard on Dell Latitude D620

Hi JawhnL5,

Thank you for your detailed description of creating Snow Leopard install! I will use it for making a security Snow Leopard install (if the Lion doesn't work efficiently)

Bye