My Lion Install on D630 - near perfect and nearly complete!

tman

Update:

So I decided to redo the installation but using EDP 3.0 this time. I installed Lion via the MyHack USB installation method. Added support for my wifi card and then installed and ran EDP 3.0.

I only have one issue remaining now... Sleep. Again.

"Short term sleep", as I like to refer to it, works great. What I mean by this is, if I close the load or hit Fn-Esc to put the D630 to sleep and then resume in under a minute or so, the system resumes without issue. Works great.

However, if I do the same but let it sit in sleep mode for, let's say, 10 mins or so. After opening the lid or hitting power button (if I've done a Fn-Esc) the system appears to resume, but immediately powers off. Then I have the dreaded BIOS reset issue upon power up.

I've tried the "preset" configuration from EDP as well as trying different ones as well. I even setup a BIOS System Password and set the password bypass on. Nothing seems to fix it.

Anyone have any ideas. My D630 specs are in the OP. Thanks!

• Administrators

Did you answer Yes to all offered kexts during model-specific kexts installation? I do on my D630 Intel 1440x900 (SleepEnabler + NullCPUManagement + SpeedStep emulator, etc.).

After the hibernation fix, I also apply the "Touch S/L/E" fix.

So, this morning I reran EDP and set PS2 to #2 and Audio to #2 with the rest of the options as same as the predefined.

Also, and I think this might be related, is that I turned off sleep in the Energy Prefs pane. I closed the lid and went to work. Came back and was prompted with login to OSX. Saweet!!!

Not sure what I did to make it work. But sleep seems to be ok, with the one exception that I had to turn off auto sleep.

The only issue is that my usb mouse does not work after it resumes. :( Almost there.

Any ideas / thoughts on all this?