Gigabyte GA-Z170-hd3: color issue on HD630 under Big Sur (OC 0.6.7)

kcmok

@Jake Lo Actually I attached the wrong config.plist file. The one attached above gives the correct color but the one that I attach here with the correct platform gives the wrong color. The IOReg for the display is incorrect and cannot identify the correct display device.

config.plist.zip

@Bronxteck I tried that but no effect. One strange thing is that if I use screenshot to save the screen the resulting image gives correct color.

imac’s iMac.zip

• Administrators

@kcmok Please note that hexadecimal values specified as DATA in properties injection must be entered in reverse byte order. So, if you want/need to inject graphics framebuffer layout 0x59160000, you must enter value 00001659. It is read byte by byte, from right to left: 59-16-00-00.

@Jake Lo When I accidentally reversed the number to 00005916 I got the correct colour. But if I used correct platform ID, I got the distorted colour as shown in the first post. The second config.plist attached is the one I got the distorted colour but IOReg results did show correct display info.

I did add those 3 lines with values according to Dortania, but same colour distortion. If I use the incorrect platform ID and get the correct colour the display info is incorrect. The 24” dell monitor cannot be identified and interpreted as a 31.5” display