What's get set in Bios?

elim

I have a multi-boot system with xp, sl and ubunto.

Everytime after get out of SL, the next bios scan will be a rather slow one, that means something been changed by SL, am I right?

If I get in XP, then the time gets changed (6 hrs ahead of the local time as if mine local time is GMT while actually mine is Denver,CO time), this is not the case if I correct the time in XP and reboot to XP again...

But if I reboot from ubuntu to xp, the xp date/time will not be changed and the bios scan is fast; if I reboot from SL to ubuntu, the linux data/time will not changed by SL although the bios can was slow

Any idea to prevent SL write unnecessary things to bios? Thanks

• Administrators

Dear elim,

The time difference in windows os x boot is an old problem. Its because how os x calculate time difference if i remember correctly. There are fixes out there applied to windows which you can check out.

Cheers.

Dear elim,

The time difference in windows os x boot is an old problem. Its because how os x calculate time difference if i remember correctly. There are fixes out there applied to windows which you can check out.

Cheers.

Thanks a lot Syonagar. I've found a fix for win7 but I'm still looking for the fix for xp.

I have a startup script to re-sync time but that cannot speed up the bios scan after SL did sth. to the bios (unknown to me)