Dell Latitude E6320 Thread

Antony

Good luck, If anyone figures out the card reader, please let me know.

I have an e6220, and also could not get the sd card reader working, so I got a generic 34 expresscard sd card reader off ebay for about $20.00 - plugged it into the expresscard slot of the e6220, then inserted my sd card into it, and I could then access the sd card in ml10.8.4. It might work for you also.

I just updated a new audio driver for IDT 92HD90BXX(111d76e7), could anyone help me to test it, if it is work for you? thanks.

Installation guide:

1. you must add method function in Device (HDEF) in your dsdt, and the layout id must be 0x0c, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.

2. check your boot loader's(Chameleon or clover) "boot_arg" or "boot flag" parameter, and do delete "npci=0x2000/3000", if you use this parameter.

3. delete the "AppleHDA.kext" & "Fake92HD87B1AppleHDA.kext" in S\L\E.

4. use Kext Utility to install attached driver.

5. reboot.

there is 2 versions, test which one is Ok for you, and feedback.

Version 1:

AppleHDA.kextVer1.zip

Version 2:

AppleHDA.kextVer2.zip

• Moderators

I just updated a new audio driver for IDT 92HD90BXX(111d76e7), could anyone help me to test it, if it is work for you? thanks.

Installation guide:

1. you must add method function in Device (HDEF) in your dsdt, and the layout id must be 0x0c, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.

2. check your boot loader's(Chameleon or clover) "boot_arg" or "boot flag" parameter, and do delete "npci=0x2000/3000", if you use this parameter.

3. delete the "AppleHDA.kext" & "Fake92HD87B1AppleHDA.kext" in S\L\E.

4. use Kext Utility to install attached driver.

5. reboot.

there is 2 versions, test which one is Ok for you, and feedback.

Version 1:

attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kextVer1.zip

Version 2:

attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kextVer2.zip

telanx,

Same IDT 92HD90BXX(111d76e7) is on E6220 and E6520 as well. My guess is it's on all the Exx20 series like E5520 and E5420. I have tested version 3 by Mirone. I got output (internal speakers), but no headphone or mic. Have you gotten any more progress with this?

I could test it on E6420, E6520, and E6220 if you need tester.

telanx,

Same IDT 92HD90BXX(111d76e7) is on E6220 and E6520 as well. My guess is it's on all the Exx20 series like E5520 and E5420. I have tested version 3 by Mirone. I got output (internal speakers), but no headphone or mic. Have you gotten any more progress with this?

I could test it on E6420, E6520, and E6220 if you need tester.

@Jake Lo:

Sorry to reply you so late, I am so busy these days. :-)

Yes, you are right, I have made some progress with the help of Mirone.

I modified the kext to Version 4, and i test it on my E6320, the intMic, IntSpeakers, and the headphone all could work. 

Be noticed that, you must insert your headphone into the headphone jack, then the system could recognize it, and change the output device from Intspeaker to headphone automatic. then, you can see your headphone appears in your "System Perference Panel-->Sound--Output".

below is some pics:

1. IntMic

post-4328-0-92514500-1381584831_thumb.png

2. IntSpeakers

post-4328-0-01700000-1381584858_thumb.png

3. Headphone(You must insert your headphone to the Jack hole)

post-4328-0-03365500-1381584887_thumb.png

Finally, it comes, the Version 4 Kext for IDT 92HD90BXX (111d 76e7), modified from original AppleHDA.kext.

Could you please help to test it with your different models, and feedback if it could works? thanks.

Let's give the warm thanks to [email protected], without his great help, I couldn't get it to work. :)

AppleHDA IDT 92HD90BXX V4(All Works).zip

Dear Jake Lo:

By the way, if it could work with your different models E Series, could you please help to open a post to share this kext to who use the same sound codec people, because i am not quite familiar with different model of E Series.... 

Tks in advance.  :)

• Moderators

Dear Jake Lo:

By the way, if it could work with your different models E Series, could you please help to open a post to share this kext to who use the same sound codec people, because i am not quite familiar with different model of E Series.... 

Tks in advance.  :)

This is awesome! Worked on all the models I've tested. Note, it has to be on ML 10.8.5 or Mavericks, it will not load on ML 10.8.4 or lower. This could definitely replace the legacy fakehda and voodoohda. What would make it even better is if you could make the audio a bit louder especially on the headphone and enable HDMI Audio.

Again, very nice work. Thanks to you and Mirone.

This is awesome! Worked on all the models I've tested. Note, it has to be on ML 10.8.5 or Mavericks, it will not load on ML 10.8.4 or lower. This could definitely replace the legacy fakehda and voodoohda. What would make it even better is if you could make the audio a bit louder especially on the headphone and enable HDMI Audio.

Again, very nice work. Thanks to you and Mirone.

Updated: Oct. 25th, 2013

UPdated the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext with VGA Output works.

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.zip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It is no need to  additional edit on AppleHDA.kext to enable the HDMI Audio. Just follow below actions, you will get the HDMI Audio Output work:

1. Please make sure you add the following sentence in DSDT:

a). Add the "had-gfx" into your Device (VID) like below.

post-4328-0-98368400-1381797989_thumb.png

B). Add the "had-gfx" into your Device (HDEF) like below.( I think you've already done)

post-4328-0-40207300-1381797997_thumb.png

2. Then use "KextUtility" to install the AppleIntelSNBGraphic.kext to you S\L\E to replace the native one.(Repair the permission, and rebuild the kextcache)

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB(Modified).kext.zip

3. Turn off your laptop, plug your HDMI connection line with your laptop HDMI jack and your digital TV. Chose your right input channel in TV.(pls use a good HDMI connection line, e.g., the HDMI Ver. 1.4, or maybe it should be 1.3?)

4. Turn on your laptop, and boot into your OSX. then you should find the HDMI output function in your Preference panel -> Audio -> Output.

post-4328-0-80127100-1381798068_thumb.png

5. Open a Movie, and choose the "HDMI Output" in your Preference panel -> Audio -> Output. The TV will show the movie with the audio.( pls make sure turn down your volume in your TV, the Mac couldn't control the volume in HDMI mode, you only can adjust it in your TV)

6. Enjoy.

post-4328-0-23099600-1381798088_thumb.png

post-4328-0-74908200-1381798096_thumb.png

Edited by telanx

• Moderators

It is no need to  additional edit on AppleHDA.kext to enable the HDMI Audio. Just follow below actions, you will get the HDMI Audio Output work:

Thanks telanx,

I was just reading https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1969-guide-for-enabling-vga-and-hdmi-in-intel-hd3000-gpu/ by EMlyDinEsH. I'll give it a go.

Thanks telanx,

I was just reading https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1969-guide-for-enabling-vga-and-hdmi-in-intel-hd3000-gpu/ by EMlyDinEsH. I'll give it a go.

I think it is no big differences among HD3000 Laptops, so you can try my modified kext, if it doesn't work, you can follow the EMlyDinEsh's guide. 

By the way: 

Updated the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, with the VGA Output Works.

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.zip

• Moderators

I think it is no big differences among HD3000 Laptops, so you can try my modified kext, if it doesn't work, you can follow the EMlyDinEsh's guide. 

By the way: 

Updated the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, with the VGA Output Works.

attachicon.gifAppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.zip

Thanks, this version works better than your first which has a little artifacts here and there. I also patched one myself following EMlyDinEsh's guide which is similar to this one but different by 1 digit, which also works so far with no visible signs of artifacts. Will try connecting both VGA and HDMI and see how it goes.

:excl: Update: Having both VGA and HDMI monitor connected causes some weird artifact effects. It picks up both monitors but they are mirrored. When I disconnect one of them, the artifacts begin and system starts to hang. If connected to one or the other, it seems to be pretty stable.