Dell Latitude E6320 Thread

Antony

I'm having a bitch of a time with this. I'm no expert (first post!), but I'm not a complete n00b either. That said, I haven't hackintoshed anything since a Dell mini 9...

Anyway, here's the issues I've had so far:

1) When building my install USB stick I'm never asked to include my own Extras folder. Is this normal? I've ended up copying the boot pack over when building my installer.

2) I can never boot from either the USB or main HD without being in safe mode.

3) I can not get EDP to complete as it seems to call the command line version of myHack or myFix and neither can run without human interaction when in safe mode.

All in all, I just can't get it to complete a successful install. I'm on the newest possible firmware and using the E6220 bootpack. 

If anyone has advice or can tell me what I can provide to make troubleshooting easier I'm happy to do that. TIA.

• Moderators

I'm having a bitch of a time with this. I'm no expert (first post!), but I'm not a complete n00b either. That said, I haven't hackintoshed anything since a Dell mini 9...

Anyway, here's the issues I've had so far:

1) When building my install USB stick I'm never asked to include my own Extras folder. Is this normal? I've ended up copying the boot pack over when building my installer.

2) I can never boot from either the USB or main HD without being in safe mode.

3) I can not get EDP to complete as it seems to call the command line version of myHack or myFix and neither can run without human interaction when in safe mode.

All in all, I just can't get it to complete a successful install. I'm on the newest possible firmware and using the E6220 bootpack. 

If anyone has advice or can tell me what I can provide to make troubleshooting easier I'm happy to do that. TIA.

1) After building the usb installer, run myHack again, select install Extra, destination is the usb drive, point to the E6220 boot pack. Try my boot pack from my signature below if you like.

2) Boot with the new updated usb installer, launch myHack, select install Extra, destination is your HDD, and point Extra to your usb drive

3) reboot without the usb, complete the build

• Like 1

1) After building the usb installer, run myHack again, select install Extra, destination is the usb drive, point to the E6220 boot pack. Try my boot pack from my signature below if you like.

2) Boot with the new updated usb installer, launch myHack, select install Extra, destination is your HDD, and point Extra to your usb drive

3) reboot without the usb, complete the build

Thanks for the help. When booting from the USB drive, should it be necessary to boot in Safe Mode? Is it a problem if I do?

Hi Adrian, Try my Extra folder attached, Boot from USB installer --> my hack --> install extra --> use my own --> Pick the one attached and put in root of Macintosh HD.

Let me know how you get on. 8-)

Thanks Allen, there has been clear progress. The USB stick now boots with no flags and I can successfully install. Rebooting from the internal SSD still doesn't boot the machine though. I'm getting stuck here

post-51602-0-00621300-1390870810_thumb.jpg

for several mins before another line appears declaring:

Resetting IOCatalogue

I've let it sit here for 15 mins or so with no change...

• Administrators

At this stage, you're having trouble with graphics initialization. What graphics do you have? Try and boot with option GraphicsEnabler=No.

You'll also have to sort out those SMC errors. Which version of FakeSMC do you have? What SMC keys does it have? which SMBIOS profile do you use?

At this stage, you're having trouble with graphics initialization. What graphics do you have? Try and boot with option GraphicsEnabler=No.

You'll also have to sort out those SMC errors. Which version of FakeSMC do you have? What SMC keys does it have? which SMBIOS profile do you use?

Intel graphics. I'm not sure on the version of FakeSMC, SMC keys or SMBIOS profile, I'm still pretty new at this. If you can point me to something that will help me determine those or let me know how I'll post the info. 

Thanks for the help.