Dell Latitude E6320 Thread

Antony

Grab AppleSmartBatteryManager from my Extra.

Follow this for your SD Card reader.

OK that's all working, though it's a bit confused when I snap on the extra battery to the docking port. It recognizes both of the batteries at least. Sound isn't working yet, I'll give that another look. I may remove the DVD drive and put a second HD in there.

What are the options for dual booting? 

• Moderators

Only issues I haven't solved yet are audio and having it sleep when I close the lid. Any advice?

try deleting AppleHDA in S/L/E

for sleep, try removing NullCPUPowerManagement move it to a safe location and replace AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement from my Extra

do each step above one at the time, run my fix(quick) and reboot. 

if it doesn't KP after replacing NullCPUPowerManagement and sleep is still not working, test out my DSDT. 

Oh definitely use my SSDT as it's made for the same processor as yours, put it in Extra.

try deleting AppleHDA in S/L/E

No luck, still no audio.

for sleep, try removing NullCPUPowerManagement move it to a safe location and replace AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement from my Extra

do each step above one at the time, run my fix(quick) and reboot. 

if it doesn't KP after replacing NullCPUPowerManagement and sleep is still not working, test out my DSDT.

So I tried this and nothing made sleep when the lid is closed work. Additionally, Once I added the DSDT the screen would go black just before the login prompt. I sshed in and switched if back to the previous one I was using and everything is good

Oh definitely use my SSDT as it's made for the same processor as yours, put it in Extra.

Done.

Thanks again for your continued help.

• Moderators

No luck, still no audio.

So I tried this and nothing made sleep when the lid is closed work. Additionally, Once I added the DSDT the screen would go black just before the login prompt. I sshed in and switched if back to the previous one I was using and everything is good

Done.

Thanks again for your continued help.

I patched Allen_N's DSDT. Added device PNLF and change the layout ID in HDEF for audio. 

This should fix the sleep with lid close and AppleHDA. You'll have to remove voodoohda and AppleHDADisabler and re-add my AppleHDA.

dsdt2.aml.zip

I patched Allen_N's DSDT. Added device PNLF and change the layout ID in HDEF for audio. 

This should fix the sleep with lid close and AppleHDA. You'll have to remove voodoohda and AppleHDADisabler and re-add my AppleHDA.

attachicon.gifdsdt2.aml.zip

The machine will sleep when the lid is closed, but I can't wake it again, just have to hard boot it. Also, audio stopped working with this.