Dell Latitude E6320 Thread

Antony

• Moderators

Oke i have also used your extra pack but still only booting in safe mode, The laptop hangs on ****[iOBluetoothController.... and further i know the next step is to initialize the video card to go further but no luck.

How can i get further with this i think i need a patched kext for video to make it work.

My E6320 is a i5-2520 2,5GHZ with a Intel HD video card

BTW My bluetooth is working OOB, i have also disabled the bluetooth from the bios but no luck.

Try my bootpack under E6220 on my signature file below.

@Jake Lo i have tried your boot pack  6220 but still the same i am 100% sure it is the video which causes this problem. I am typing right now from my E6320 with 10.9 but in safe mode. Is there a option in chameleon to reduce the video memory to 64mb. 

I have tried now almost all boot packs from this thread but all the same hanging on bluetooth and the next step of it to load the video.

Also tried different switches with chameleon but also no luck.

One thing i haven't tried is making use of boot loader clover. Maybe that can help.

Oke i have read some topics and i know now that the video causes the problem i have the Intel HD3000 with Device ID 0x0126

I have tried several options in the info.plist of AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext but still no luck.

I am not using a DSDT.aml file at the moment only the SSDT.aml for Pstate steper error. I think i need a patched DSDT.aml with the right device ID the 0x0126 but i am a noob with DSDT patching maybe someone can help me out.

Sound isn't also not working but thats comes because i am booting in safe mode or not ?

• Moderators

Oke i have read some topics and i know now that the video causes the problem i have the Intel HD3000 with Device ID 0x0126

I have tried several options in the info.plist of AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext but still no luck.

I am not using a DSDT.aml file at the moment only the SSDT.aml for Pstate steper error. I think i need a patched DSDT.aml with the right device ID the 0x0126 but i am a noob with DSDT patching maybe someone can help me out.

Sound isn't also not working but thats comes because i am booting in safe mode or not ?

Have you try my DSDT, AdrianDB's DSDT, dfiore's DSDT or Allen_N's DSDT?

@Jake Lo Not all boot packs have kernel panic only when i boot in verbose with -v, when i use  -f the boot stops at the [bluetooth  like i have mention before. I using now your boot pack from the latest posts the laptop boot well with -v -f but hangs.

I know now that a 6320 i5 or i7 is different, i have also bluetooth onboard which works well i use my Magic Mouse and Bluetooth keyboard in safe mode now.

I have also tried installing Mountain Lion but i have the same issues with booting also stopping at [bluetooth  

I have also tried to modifying  the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB with 0x1C3A8086 tp 0x1E3a8086 but no luck. Trying to delete some files and all other stuff which i have found on the internet but nothing helps.

Its frustrating to don't get it to work i have installed many osx86 on different laptops and desktops without any problem, i have also a successful tutorial on Insanelymac about installing ML and Maverick on a Dell Optiplex 780. But i can't get my E6320 not running without safe mode.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292748-dell-optiplex-780-760-guide-osx-mavericks-109/

I have some questions about yours conf

Which boot loader do you guys use i mean which version of Chameleon or Clover i am using now Chameleon-2.2svn-r2266 and which options have you enabled in the setup.

And have you also make changes in the bios of the laptop

Thats it for now and sorry for my bad English. :)

• Moderators

@Jake Lo Not all boot packs have kernel panic only when i boot in verbose with -v, when i use  -f the boot stops at the [bluetooth  like i have mention before. I using now your boot pack from the latest posts the laptop boot well with -v -f but hangs.

I know now that a 6320 i5 or i7 is different, i have also bluetooth onboard which works well i use my Magic Mouse and Bluetooth keyboard in safe mode now.

I have also tried installing Mountain Lion but i have the same issues with booting also stopping at [bluetooth  

I have also tried to modifying  the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB with 0x1C3A8086 tp 0x1E3a8086 but no luck. Trying to delete some files and all other stuff which i have found on the internet but nothing helps.

Its frustrating to don't get it to work i have installed many osx86 on different laptops and desktops without any problem, i have also a successful tutorial on Insanelymac about installing ML and Maverick on a Dell Optiplex 780. But i can't get my E6320 not running without safe mode.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292748-dell-optiplex-780-760-guide-osx-mavericks-109/

I have some questions about yours conf

Which boot loader do you guys use i mean which version of Chameleon or Clover i am using now Chameleon-2.2svn-r2266 and which options have you enabled in the setup.

And have you also make changes in the bios of the laptop

Thats it for now and sorry for my bad English. :)

No need to apologize for you English, it's fine.

I'm using Chameleon r2266 from myHack, but I don't have any issue updating to the latest version with Chameleon Wizard either. Before installing, I reset the BIOS to the default, hit apply. Then I go back and set Sata Operations to AHCI, that's it. But you might have to disable Bluetooth if you have one. You could enable it later once you get system up and running, perhaps with a patched bluetooth kext.

You didn't specify the screen resolution, but I'm assuming it's 1366x768. You don't need to patch AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB unless you want VGA to work. You have the processor as my E6220, so the DSDT/SSDT will be fine for your setup. Try replacing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement with NullCPUPowerManagement. 

Try all the above and see how that goes.

No need to apologize for you English, it's fine.

I'm using Chameleon r2266 from myHack, but I don't have any issue updating to the latest version with Chameleon Wizard either. Before installing, I reset the BIOS to the default, hit apply. Then I go back and set Sata Operations to AHCI, that's it. But you might have to disable Bluetooth if you have one. You could enable it later once you get system up and running, perhaps with a patched bluetooth kext.

You didn't specify the screen resolution, but I'm assuming it's 1366x768. You don't need to patch AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB unless you want VGA to work. You have the processor as my E6220, so the DSDT/SSDT will be fine for your setup. Try replacing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement with NullCPUPowerManagement. 

Try all the above and see how that goes.

Oke its working now, I am a totally noob i am writing tutorials for installing OSX86 and mention before installing to load the bios to defaults like you said Jake Lo and what do i do i never reset the bios of my laptop before i began with installation. 

The reset of the bios did it all everything is working only sound isn't working yet but even my bluetooth is working great.

I have also bought a wireless nano usb device the TL-WN725 V2 and have managed to install it with the kext from OSX86.net the TL-WN725N_v2_USB_MacOS10.8

Now working to get the sound working thats the only device that isn't working yet. I will keep your guys in touch.

Thks Jake Lo to Think Different and help me out with it :)